Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sono possessore di un'honda crv, seconda serie, del 2003, volevo montare le gomme estive da 16, ma sul libretto, non capisco perchè, è segnalato solo con la dicitura M + S con le gomme da 16, sapreste aiutarmi?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,294 Posts
Sono possessore di un'honda crv, seconda serie, del 2003, volevo montare le gomme estive da 16, ma sul libretto, non capisco perchè, è segnalato solo con la dicitura M + S con le gomme da 16, sapreste aiutarmi?
To help the English speakers:
I am the owner of a honda crv, second series, from 2003, I wanted to mount the 16 summer tires, but in the booklet, I don't understand why, it is only marked with the words M + S with the 16 tires, could you help me?

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
M+S is just showing that the tire is designed for Mud and Snow. You can put summer tires on it if you choose, as long as the size remains the same.
Sure hope Google knows how to say this in Italian....
M + S sta solo dimostrando che il pneumatico è progettato per fango e neve. Puoi montare pneumatici estivi se lo desideri, purché le dimensioni rimangano le stesse.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You can mount summer tires as long as they are the same dimensions. What you want to be sure if you live in a 4 season region that you change those summer tires back to M+S tires otherwise you will have issues if Winter comes there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
M+S is just showing that the tire is designed for Mud and Snow. You can put summer tires on it if you choose, as long as the size remains the same.
Just wondering as M + S can appear on an all season tire. We put Pirelli P-4's on the Accord, again, and they are all season and also say M + S. Nothing wrong in changing to a summer tire but these have been a great tire in all seasons on this car.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It depends on what equatorial region you live in let's say USA if you live below Midwest divide line north/south - summer tires is what's used but if history is lesson not to long ago Texas had a freeze over and guess what happens to all summer tires in ice and snow. So the type of tires you want will depend on your equatorial region and to get the best value for your money. M+S performance with Winter driving built in and Summer is just what says. My Money is for M+S tires in the long run you will save more when you travel to other locations you didn't expect where summer isn't year round.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts