Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a 2006 LX. Any major issues/ upcoming maintenance I should be looking for? Car has 92,000 miles or it.
tires have a 3/15 build date so they will soon need replacement.
AWD

Thanks for any input.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,760 Posts
If AWD, make sure rear differential fluid has been replaced. On those cars, tire sizes should match.
Check the inside tread of the rear tires for feathering. Indicates alignment is needed.
Front control arm bushings may be worn.

100K /10 year maintenance includes coolant, ATF, brake fluid, plugs, and valve adjustments.

Do the maintenance and the car will easily last another 100K miles. Our '06 is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If AWD, make sure rear differential fluid has been replaced. On those cars, tire sizes should match.
Check the inside tread of the rear tires for feathering. Indicates alignment is needed.
Front control arm bushings may be worn.

100K /10 year maintenance includes coolant, ATF, brake fluid, plugs, and valve adjustments.

Do the maintenance and the car will easily last another 100K miles. Our '06 is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
All good points, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts