Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm considering the purchase of a ProClip iPhone mount for a 2012 CR-V EX. It looks pretty good except that it blocks one of the vents. Does anyone have any experience with this mount? If so, has blocking this vent been a problem for you?

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/854802-proclip-center-mount

I tried a CD mount, but it blocks the heating, AC, and radio controls.

Thanks!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Center console

·
Registered
704 Posts
Cut a piece cardboard so it is about same size as the mount in your pic.
Tape it to the vent and drive with it for a while.
Then decide for yourself.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD sold
4,123 Posts
The cardboard experiment is a pretty good idea.

While a fan of the proclip brand, I took one look at that and said nope. My phone either rests on top of the shifter, leaning against the HVAC controls or upside down in the space between the cup holder and console.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've used proclips products before and they are expensive but they use very high quality materials and are well constructed. However, in the spirit of producing a sturdy platform for your device, they tend to build these often over the top brackets that both block vents/controls as well as pry into tight seams/edges on your dash and I'm thinking overtime it could compromise the integrity and fit of your dash panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.