Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a product advisory for our 2017 CRV 1.5 liter turbochargerd engine may experience driveability issues. This may result in Diagnostic Trouble codes (DTC's) P0300 random misfire detected, P0301 No 1 cylinder misfire detected P0302 No. 2 cyclinder misfire detected P0303 No. 3 cylinder misfire detected P0304 No. 4 cylinder misfire detected or P0172 fueld system too rich or a whirling noise coming from the engine compartment. These concerns may result in the Malfunction indicator lamp (ML) turning on. To ensure customer confidence in product Honda is extending the powertrain warranty on vehicle from 5 years/60,000 miles to 6 years with unlimited mileage from the original sale date.If the MIL is illuminted your vehicle may fail a state or local emissions inspection.

IS IT TIME TO GET RID OF THIS CAR?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Been in discussion in another thread this week.

My comment in that thread:

As for your question at the end of your post... only you can answer that one.. as every owner has different views, tolerance, and trust levels with motor vehicles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Received a product advisory for our 2017 CRV 1.5 liter turbochargerd engine may experience driveability issues. This may result in Diagnostic Trouble codes (DTC's) P0300 random misfire detected, P0301 No 1 cylinder misfire detected P0302 No. 2 cyclinder misfire detected P0303 No. 3 cylinder misfire detected P0304 No. 4 cylinder misfire detected or P0172 fueld system too rich or a whirling noise coming from the engine compartment. These concerns may result in the Malfunction indicator lamp (ML) turning on. To ensure customer confidence in product Honda is extending the powertrain warranty on vehicle from 5 years/60,000 miles to 6 years with unlimited mileage from the original sale date.If the MIL is illuminted your vehicle may fail a state or local emissions inspection.

YES! GET RID OF IT. Ooops, now I'm typing in all caps, sorry. Go buy a Jeep or a Chevy or Ford...and good luck!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I find that many that ask this question have already made their decision. I would argue that you have 17s approaching 30-40k miles on average and the engines aren't falling apart on to the hwy yet nor are resale values dropping.

If you have anxiety every time you drive then maybe. I had a car once that consumed oil and I had to swap out the headgaskets under original factory warranty. The dealer said that I should get 100000 more care free miles out of it but I didn't trust it anymore so traded it in. Maybe I should have kept it?

Make sure you pull all recall and product updates for any alternatives, at least go into a new purchase eyes wide open.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts