Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of my CR-V yesterday. I purchased only three accessories from the dealer: body side molding, moon roof visor, front wheel flaps. I bought these from the dealer even though their prices are very high because I wanted to be sure they were installed properly.

But if I want to add other accessories which require intricate installation, such as the auto dim, etc. rear view mirror, without paying high dealer prices for the accessory and installation, are there after-market installers who charge more reasonable prices?

I'm thinking that I would purchase the accessory at a low price online and take it to someone to install. But how to find someone who does this kind of work?

I live in the Cleveland, OH area but will be moving to Bradenton, FL next month so if you know anyone in either of those areas, great but really I am asking generally how to find someone who does this kind of work.

For instance, AutoZone? Similar?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Front wheel flaps and sunroof visor you can do on your own. Instructions are included inside the packaging. As for the body moldings I highly recommend you take it to your dealer. Taking it to a shop like Autozone will cause more damage than doing it yourself. Dealers have a special tool to pull and slide out the moldings.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Front wheel flaps and sunroof visor you can do on your own. Instructions are included inside the packaging. As for the body moldings I highly recommend you take it to your dealer. Taking it to a shop like Autozone will cause more damage than doing it yourself. Dealers have a special tool to pull and slide out the moldings.
No tools required for the Body Side Mouldings....They are held on with double sided tape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts