Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had these on when I had a 4 bannger accord with the k24a4 and notice that the car was lighter on its feet. So I decided to do the same for the CRV.

Bought some light weight pullies that is from a base RSX/tsx. Ralco and UR are good brands, but I am pretty sure they all come from the same factory. I bought some no name chinese one and had them check for 0 gram balance

You will only be using the crank and P/S pulley. For some reason the alternator pulley will not fit unless you have the lip milled down with a lathe. The Belt I am using is from a RSX 2003 type S. Don't get the gen 2.5 RSX-S belt because it will be 1/2 inch too short if you are only using 2 of the pulley. If you are using all 3 then the gen 2.5 rsx-s with the k20z3 belt might work.

FYI the car had 210k miles when this was done. Now almost 10k later no issues. So if it didn't blow up on a high mileage CRV it would probably work on your car.

I used pulled the injector fuse and jammed a breaker bar into the crank bolt and did the start blimp trick to loosen that bolt. My 700tq 1/2 inch impact could not take off that bolt.

Here what they look like

Dyno Graphs are always FTW (from a tsx), gain throughout the area under the curve :)

4i6ltew.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Right on! Definitely want to do that on my V but I only have 100k miles on my and would had to **** it up with so much life left in her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts