Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 CRV. As I get older, I'm more cautious. Going to replace the sparks plugs soon and, since it's my first time, thought I'd eyeball things ahead of time. Attempted to remove the connector a couple of times then said, nope, don't want to risk breaking anything and I'm not in a rush so I'll post a pic here for input on correct method to remove. Seems like you need to push in ever so slightly then press the the (top of the 'T') tab. coilplug1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
You’re on the right track. A pick will help with removals of the connector. Also there’s a possibility the coil pack boot may get stuck on the plug. I would get a 3/8” x 6” long pipe to assist with the removal of the boot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First time plug change went smoothly. Replaced original Denso (see pic) with NGK ILZKR7B-11S. No anti-seize used. Forgot to take a pic but the coil packs were really clean looking all the way down with just a light tan color at the bottom ends. Applied a bit of dielectric grease on the coil boot before reinserting. Torqued to specs.
JLsparkplug.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts