Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 CRV. As I get older, I'm more cautious. Going to replace the sparks plugs soon and, since it's my first time, thought I'd eyeball things ahead of time. Attempted to remove the connector a couple of times then said, nope, don't want to risk breaking anything and I'm not in a rush so I'll post a pic here for input on correct method to remove. Seems like you need to push in ever so slightly then press the the (top of the 'T') tab. Firearm Gun

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
You’re on the right track. A pick will help with removals of the connector. Also there’s a possibility the coil pack boot may get stuck on the plug. I would get a 3/8” x 6” long pipe to assist with the removal of the boot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First time plug change went smoothly. Replaced original Denso (see pic) with NGK ILZKR7B-11S. No anti-seize used. Forgot to take a pic but the coil packs were really clean looking all the way down with just a light tan color at the bottom ends. Applied a bit of dielectric grease on the coil boot before reinserting. Torqued to specs.
Spark plug Auto part Automotive ignition part Automotive engine part

1 - 4 of 4 Posts