Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the correct tire mounting method to use on a 2009 CR-V with aluminum wheels?
I purchased four new Yokohama Avid Envigor tires in January 2011. Since then, the dealer has had to put at least 10 new tires on the car because each time they are rotated, there is a vibration in the wheel and the tires are wearing unevenly and fast.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Does anyone know the correct tire mounting method to use on a 2009 CR-V with aluminum wheels?
I purchased four new Yokohama Avid Envigor tires in January 2011. Since then, the dealer has had to put at least 10 new tires on the car because each time they are rotated, there is a vibration in the wheel and the tires are wearing unevenly and fast.
Thank you.
I think you need to move up the food chain at the service managers desk. This seems to be an issue from the limited information that we have from you. I have over 100,000 miles on my 07 and am only on the start of my 3rd set of tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm dealing with the service manager who seems to be blowing me off. The tires are fine when they are first installed. After the first rotation there is a vibration. I'm trying to figure out if they are installing the tires correctly to begin with. They are the recommended size. The first set of tires, which are directional tires, they incorrectly installed the two right tires. So, I'm beginning to think it may not be the tires, it may be the installer. I have spent over $1,100 in tires in the past year and have not even gone 40,000 miles. I think my next step is small claims court.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts