Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Touring AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been covered in another thread but I didn't see it. What do members like/use on the plastic trim on the rocker panels and wheel openings once they have been cleaned? It has been way too many years since I have needed to do it. I used to use 303 with good results. Any other suggestions?

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,301 Posts
No suggestion, but ever since I started using A303, I've not looked elsewhere - one of the best products out there for plastic trim protection/restoration :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has probably been covered in another thread but I didn't see it. What do members like/use on the plastic trim on the rocker panels and wheel openings once they have been cleaned? It has been way too many years since I have needed to do it. I used to use 303 with good results. Any other suggestions?
I have successfully used a product called Wipe New to restore the plastic trim on wheel openings and rocker panels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I care for my wife's 2013 CRV 93,450 miles. Just working through a full detail and it looks pretty much like new apart for a few stone chips on the front of the hood/bonnet.
The best exterior plastic trim restorer/treatment/protectant I have come across is Cerakote Trim Coat. $16 US for ten sealed wipes and a plastic glove at WalMart. 25GBP in the UK. Depending on how much plastic you want to treat 2-3 sachets will be ample for the exterior of a CRV.. Cerakote says it lasts for 200 washes -- I'm nowhere near that but it is holding up very well. Takes all the dullness out of the plastic but isn't too shiny. Greart finish, hugely impressed. I did make sure all the plastic was clean by wiping it off with a 30% IPA and water mix first -- but a friend just used it on his 2011 Ford f-150. He's pretty lazy so I know it was COSTCO car wash clean before he applied it, and I have to say that plastic looks new.
Yes, I like Cerakote :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts