Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First post here as a new member. Just traded in my 2016 HR-V LX for an immaculate 2014 CR-V EX AWD yesterday. Only 16.5k miles and absolutely flawless. Was an older lady's lease turn in. 10X more car than the HR-V. Way more roomy and better ride and better mileage so far. Love everything about it. Was hoping to find a '14 with the 5 speed auto. Hope to gain a lot of info on this forum.

Jim

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the CR-V forum and your '14!

Enjoy The Ride

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Welcome indeed!
You would have been looking a long time for a '14 with a 5-spd auto since they all came with CVT's as far as I know.
You'd have to go back to '13 to get one of those.

Excellent choice of color btw. =:>)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Welcome indeed!
You would have been looking a long time for a '14 with a 5-spd auto since they all came with CVT's as far as I know.
You'd have to go back to '13 to get one of those.

Excellent choice of color btw. =:>)
No. 2015 is the first year with CVT.

OP. CRV better mileage than HRV? I bet you'll change that statement.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Hey Jim. I’m curious why you traded in your new HR-V? What didn’t you like about it?

I’m sure you’ll love the CRV, as we all do!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. 2015 is the first year with CVT.

OP. CRV better mileage than HRV? I bet you'll change that statement.
Hi and thanks for the greetings!

It's hard to get a gauge on the actual mileage since I've only filled it twice. Right now I am seeing 27 combined. I have yet to take it on a full blown highway trip yet. I was getting 27 combined in the HR-V and just at 30 on the highway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Jim. I’m curious why you traded in your new HR-V? What didn’t you like about it?

I’m sure you’ll love the CRV, as we all do!
It comes down to being vastly underpowered. I test drove it with no issues but after 3-600 mile highway trips it was terrible. Not enough power with the CVT. It was hard to ever keep the Eco on because the engine was struggling. The CR-V has enough motor to maintain the speed. Rumor is the HRV will have the 1.5L turbo next year. That is what it should have been released with.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You picked a really nice color IMO. I do like the HRV's a lot, however, I have read a lot of complaints about it being underpowered. Let's see some pics of the new ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts