Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i figured i would relate my experience with trying to correct the rear camber on my 2006 CRV. It was hovering right at the limit of spec and was pretty visible. I purchased the adjustable camber control arms (posted discussion about it on here) and had them installed. They are fine and adjust the camber just like they say. Then i went to the alignment shop and told them to get the camber 'straighter'. When they set it to a lower number, it threw the toe way out. I told him to just make it a good green alignment then and just put the camber wherever it needed to be to keep the toe etc in spec. So the end result of spending about three hundred bucks, the camber is now set to pretty much the exact spot as it was before. This is just a heads up to anyone else considering going this route. If i wanted to do it again i would get different rear springs to stop the rear from sagging, and straighten it up that way.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi, i figured i would relate my experience with trying to correct the rear camber on my 2006 CRV. It was hovering right at the limit of spec and was pretty visible. I purchased the adjustable camber control arms (posted discussion about it on here) and had them installed. They are fine and adjust the camber just like they say. Then i went to the alignment shop and told them to get the camber 'straighter'. When they set it to a lower number, it threw the toe way out. I told him to just make it a good green alignment then and just put the camber wherever it needed to be to keep the toe etc in spec. So the end result of spending about three hundred bucks, the camber is now set to pretty much the exact spot as it was before. This is just a heads up to anyone else considering going this route. If i wanted to do it again i would get different rear springs to stop the rear from sagging, and straighten it up that way.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine is a 2011 so it may be different. With the adjustable camber control arms the rear camber and toe are individually adjustable: camber first and then toe. The camber (and toe) may require a small secondary adjustment. I was able to get them both in the middle of the recommendation this way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is a 2011 so it may be different. With the adjustable camber control arms the rear camber and toe are individually adjustable: camber first and then toe. The camber (and toe) may require a small secondary adjustment. I was able to get them both in the middle of the recommendation this way.
I am glad it worked better for yours. With the 2006 the guy said that the toe adjuster was set to its furthest setting. I'm glad the design improved in the next model. I'm not too bummed i just wanted to help other people decide before trying to do the same thing as i did.

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,086 Posts
Good to know. I was considering a camber kit for my 98.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Thank you for the information! Just to let you know that there is a special bolt to adjust the camber on the suspension that the dealer sells.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts