Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a vehicle and am considering buying a CRV. That being said, I am concerned by the quality issues on the different model years.

The models years in the consideration set are 2015,2016 and 2019.

For the 2019 CRV, I am concerned about the gas mixing with the oil on the new turbo engine (LX model is not an option for us). Supposedly this has been addressed but there are quite a few owners who have this issue.

For the 2015 and 2016 CRV, I am concerned about the excessive vibration issues. There was a recall in 2015 but still many people are complaining about both model years.

I have a had a good experience with Hondas in the 2000s but very concerned that their quality is slipping.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I'm pretty sure the engines in the 2015 thru 2019 are the same. The EX, EX-L, and Touring models have a 1.5L turbo with direct injection, and the LX comes with a 2.4L with direction injection (no turbo).

I love my 2014, which does not have a turbo, gas-in-oil, or vibration issues. It also has a "real" 5-speed automatic transmission, not the CVT transmissions in 2015 and later. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Canada, all CRV's had a 2.4 in 2015, 2016. Starting in 2017 we got the 1.5 turbo. I had a 2015 Touring with vibrations, but was completely fine after TSB. I also had a 2018 Touring that was just written off by insurance due to collision, and am going to purchase a 2019, just waiting for insurance. I believe all DI engines have a bit of gas in oil, but was not an issue with me, I just use low range in winter to speed warm ups, and avoid Econ button. Warmups are an issue in cold climates, but hard to generate heat when vehicle is so fuel efficient, as you need to burn fuel to make heat.....I loved my 2018, sad to see it crashed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Other's opinions may vary, but I felt my 2015 had shortcomings [consule design, rattles, flimsy silver panel under front bumper] ] but was extremely happy with my 2018 - very solid no rattles, terrific economy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Canada, all CRV's had a 2.4 in 2015, 2016. Starting in 2017 we got the 1.5 turbo. I had a 2015 Touring with vibrations, but was completely fine after TSB. I also had a 2018 Touring that was just written off by insurance due to collision, and am going to purchase a 2019, just waiting for insurance. I believe all DI engines have a bit of gas in oil, but was not an issue with me, I just use low range in winter to speed warm ups, and avoid Econ button. Warmups are an issue in cold climates, but hard to generate heat when vehicle is so fuel efficient, as you need to burn fuel to make heat.....I loved my 2018, sad to see it crashed.
Is Low range a button or feature you can select? How about an engine block heater?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, I should have said "S" Range, for sport, which keeps the RPM a little higher at a given speed. Block heater is available if you need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts