Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm quite pleased with my recent purchase (9/13) of a Honda CRV EX-L 4WD w/Navigation, Whistler Silver Metallic/Black Leather $26,923 with options + labor (rear spoiler $387, body side moldings $333, Back up sensors $644, day/night mirror $479.25) doc. fee $58.48 Total price $28,824.73 6.5% sales tax $1873.61, license plates $143, subtotal $30,841.34, cash down $500 . . . total due at signing $30,310.19 I was able to get 5.69% 60mo. financing through DuPage Credit Union and I purchased an extended warranty (96mo./120k/$0 deduct.) through Saccucci Honda for $985. I also purchased WeatherTech floor liners (front & rear), trunk liner, front & rear window deflectors and a hood guard through McNeil Automotive for $430. Bottom line is I paid $30,310.19 for the vehicle and it was offered at invoice + $300 . . . nobody in the Tri-State Area (IL/WI/IA) could match it or even come within $1000!!!!) I'm truly pleased with my purchase and I'm happy to report that we have a "two-stable" Honda family (mine & a 2001 Honda Odyssey EX w/nav) . . . no more BMWs!!!!

Valley Honda and Larry Dulik were a pleasure to do business with.:)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Congratulations & Welcome To The Club

Your V and options sound great! Glad you are enjoying your new vehicle and good luck with it. Post some photos . Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Accessories were a ripoff !

I'm quite pleased with my recent purchase (9/13) of a Honda CRV EX-L 4WD w/Navigation, Whistler Silver Metallic/Black Leather $26,923 with options + labor (rear spoiler $387, body side moldings $333, Back up sensors $644, day/night mirror $479.25) doc. fee $58.48 Total price $28,824.73 6.5% sales tax $1873.61, license plates $143, subtotal $30,841.34, cash down $500 . . . total due at signing $30,310.19 I was able to get 5.69% 60mo. financing through DuPage Credit Union and I purchased an extended warranty (96mo./120k/$0 deduct.) through Saccucci Honda for $985. I also purchased WeatherTech floor liners (front & rear), trunk liner, front & rear window deflectors and a hood guard through McNeil Automotive for $430. Bottom line is I paid $30,310.19 for the vehicle and it was offered at invoice + $300 . . . nobody in the Tri-State Area (IL/WI/IA) could match it or even come within $1000!!!!) I'm truly pleased with my purchase and I'm happy to report that we have a "two-stable" Honda family (mine & a 2001 Honda Odyssey EX w/nav) . . . no more BMWs!!!!

Too bad you did not buy the accessories on-line as you did with the warranty !

They did not get you on the price of the vehicle BUT, they got you on the accessories. Sorry to say, but some of those accessories are half price on accessory stores such as the one that sponsors this club. Even if you do not install them yourself, some dealers charge much less to install.

Anyhow, congratulations on the vehicle !

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulations on your new CRV. Sounds like you got a good deal on the CRV. If you desire to purchase accessories, I would also got the internet route. Have fun with your new CRV.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
C'mon Guys!

Although our friend gave a rather detailed account of the financial particulars involved in the purchase, can we not wish him or her good luck and a welcome without making them feel like a complete twit over the accessories? Anyone who can say "no more BMW's" probably is not that concerned with the dealer cost of the accessories, although the full financial disclosure is a bit puzzling.

As I have said in other post's, the nice thing about money is when I waste mine it doesn't cost you a dime, and his accessories cost us nothing.

Pmartin, again, welcome to club and enjoy your V. Remain happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'll second what everyone else has said

US$30,310.19 is roughly GB£15,100:eek:
I used the Honda 'Build your CR-V' site and the same car here in the UK
is GB£24,927 which is roughly US$50,050:eek: :eek:

Yet again proof that Britain is a rip off!!:mad: :mad:
Heck Honda even have to convert the CR-V for sale in the US (LHD)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'll second what everyone else has said

US$30,310.19 is roughly GB£15,100
I used the Honda 'Build your CR-V' site and the same car here in the UK
is GB£24,927 which is roughly US$50,050

Yet again proof that Britain is a rip off!!
Heck Honda even have to convert the CR-V for sale in the US (LHD)
The UK (and Europe) gets a host of extra options and features that are not available in North America. That is part of the extra cost. The UK also has a rather draconian tax system which the USA would have now except for all those events that occurred after that little "tea party" incident a couple hundred years ago.... :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Waxing Historical

The UK (and Europe) gets a host of extra options and features that are not available in North America. That is part of the extra cost. The UK also has a rather draconian tax system which the USA would have now except for all those events that occurred after that little "tea party" incident a couple hundred years ago.... :)
Ironically, none of us would be driving CR-Vs if we had not had that little incident involving Mitsubishi, the US Navy, and Pearl Harbor 66 years ago. In fact, had things turned out a little differently, we may all be driving VW Beetles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hmmmm yeah a couple of extra's BUT are they really worth an extra GB£10,000 (US$20,000)??
I think NOT!!

That 'incident' you mention wasn't that when you Yanks threw all our lovely British tea in the sea;)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hmmmm yeah a couple of extra's BUT are they really worth an extra GB£10,000 (US$20,000)??
I think NOT!!

That 'incident' you mention wasn't that when you Yanks threw all our lovely British tea in the sea;)
Yes...and I sit here this early morning drinking a fine blend of Hawaii's best Kona COFFEE instead. :)

How about that panoramic sunroof, power folding side mirrors, dual zone climate control, the fabulous turbo-diesel, a 6 speed tranny, power seats (we get them in 08) and on and on...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes...and I sit here this early morning drinking a fine blend of Hawaii's best Kona COFFEE instead. :)

How about that panoramic sunroof, power folding side mirrors, dual zone climate control, the fabulous turbo-diesel, a 6 speed tranny, power seats (we get them in 08) and on and on...
Yeah but for another GB£5,000 i could get TWO new V's in the US!!

Oh and for the record I'm drinking a lovely cup of Brazilian Coffee
I don't drink tea if I can help it
The only Kona thing I have is a mountain bike!!:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase!

I'm truly pleased with my purchase and I'm happy to report that we have a "two-stable" Honda family (mine & a 2001 Honda Odyssey EX w/nav) . . . no more BMWs!!!!

Congratulations on your new CR-V. Sounds like you got a fantastic deal. I wish I could have bought from that dealership. It isn't often you would run into a dealership like that. I wish you many years of trouble free miles. Post some pictures when you can.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Hey Honda 367...

Are you going to go out and drive that new V or sit at the computer and gab to people who bought theirs months ago?

Go out and break that new V in!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Tgif

Are you going to go out and drive that new V or sit at the computer and gab to people who bought theirs months ago?

Go out and break that new V in!
We will as soon as the work week is over. I ride my bicycle to work so I really didn't have to drive today. After work today, I am sure we'll take it for a nice spin. I did sign up for XM radio at a great price everyone on this board recommended. I think I will probably either wax it again or buy the polymer coating that folks on this board have been talking about.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Polymer Coating

I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, but if the dealer applied wax, you may want to strip that off before applying the polymer.

Good for you being able to ride a bike to work.

Anyhow, congratulations with your new V. Have a good time enjoying your new car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[QUOTE

Valley Honda and Larry Dulik were a pleasure to do business with.:)[/QUOTE]

Valley Honda & Larry Dulik gave me a quote for a 08 EXL that was below the Edmunds Dealer Invoice. I used this to get a better price from my local dealer. Valley was just too far away and the time, gas, higher doc fees were not enough to offset the lower cost. But it did sound like a great deal if in that area.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts