Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just recently registered as I'm about to purchase my first Honda, an EX-L in white/black!

The dealer has one on the lot that was built in Canada and one coming off the truck in two weeks from a US factory. I noticed according to the VINs that the Canada EX-Ls seems to be up over 60k, yet the US plant just started production and is in the 5-10k range of vehicles produced. From previous experience with another manufacturer and a 1st year redesign model, lessons are learned throughout the first year and corrections and updates are applied to the factory line each week. Felt tape here, added sound insulation there, etc.

I was wondering what you all would prefer/think would be better, a higher VIN EX-L produced in Canada, or one from a US plant that just started producing CR-Vs recently? Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, this is my first post. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I truly don't think it's going to matter at this point. Whatever corrections and updates have been done to the factory in Canada will have been done to the factory in the States.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I don't think it matters at all.

On another note, who wants to start a game of Who's Got the Lowest Chassis Number?

East Liberty, Mid-1500's.

·
Registered
140 Posts
East Liberty, mid 4000's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts