Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
From my research, yes. I'm doing this to my 2014 EXL, installing a Easyguard EC002-H2 (this one comes with matching keyfobs to Honda's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was able to install the EC-002 with matching Honda-like keyfobs. Push start and keyless entry working flawlessly. Will see how long the system holds over time.

I used a duplicate key for the ateering lock and the bypass module for the ignition coil has the original key. In case the system fails, I still be able to pull the original and turn on the car normally.

·
Registered
2012 Honda CRV EXL Nav AWD
5 Posts
Was able to install the EC-002 with matching Honda-like keyfobs. Push start and keyless entry working flawlessly. Will see how long the system holds over time.

I used a duplicate key for the ateering lock and the bypass module for the ignition coil has the original key. In case the system fails, I still be able to pull the original and turn on the car normally.
Let me know how everything works later on as I’m really wanting to do this to my 2012. How hard was the install and anything to note for installation?

·
Registered
231 Posts
The regular keyfob also has a battery. 🤔
True, however we had after market remote starter in our 2002 civic and 2008 crv. Never changed the battery on the keys the whole time we owned those 2 cars. We use the remote starter to lock and unlock. Maybe if I didnt have an extra fob then I would use the oem key remote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts