Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 3rd gen V (2011) which I like a lot. Recently we are planning a ski trip (2 adults and 2 kids - both 6 years old) but it seems that the roof rack and ski attachment that I ordered online won't get here in time for the ski trip. I found that the ski won't fit with the rear trunk space, but if I fold down the center rear seat, the ski can actually fit there using that space. However, I'm not sure whether that's a good idea because if I make an emergency stop on the highway, the ski might fly over to the front seat. So my questions are:

1. Have people done that before (put ski in the cabin using the center rear seat fold down), and if so, is it really a good idea to do that?
2. Is there any way to secure the skis (two pairs for adults and two pairs for 6-years-old kids) using that space?
3. Other thoughts or comments about putting skis inside of the cabin?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
just put some luggage in the trunk on top of the skis or put bungie cords around the now-folded-seat and the skis... it will be fine you're worried too much.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Use a racheting tie down over the curved end of the skis back to the D rings in the trunk and this will prevent moving around. You should be fine. You could also just use the same thing on the cross bars also.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Use a racheting tie down over the curved end of the skis back to the D rings in the trunk and this will prevent moving around. You should be fine. You could also just use the same thing on the cross bars also.
+1 on that idea; a nylon ratcheting tie down is ~3 bucks and rated to roughly 500 LBS also wrap the bindings and edges with towels and rags (trust me even my detuned board just used on the rails in the park can tear up seats) other than that you're good to go. Really, there isn't that much g-force on the skis whilst driving unless you are pulling Fernando Alonso-esque brake checks on the highway, you'll be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts