Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there... I just bought a 2005 CRV SE 2.4L a week ago

Was wondering if anyone knew where the Block Heater get's installed, I was hoping to use the plug type and not the one that goes inline with the coolant hose

If anyone has any insight as to the whereabouts, It would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
560 Posts
it goes near the oil filter, you have to remove a bolt with a allen head. the anti-freeze will pour out of the block then screw in the block heater pass the wire and re-fill the coolant

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was searching this thread 'cause I live in Minnesota.
I looked at those install instructions for the 2015 CRV. The 2015, with the 2.4L EarthDreams engine is a whole lot more complicated than the 2005. I have not actually looked under the hood yet, but those instructions are crazy !!!! It looks like the drain plug is on the rear of the engine on the passenger side. The oil filter is on the front of this engine. It can't be required to completely dismantle the whole front end bumper and body trim to add a heater plug ??? There must be a shortcut. I live in Minnesota and would like to add a heater, but not if this is the only way.
But thanks for the info and the links.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Unless you live way in Northern MN, shouldnt need one. Lived most of my life there and never had one. None of my family did either and we never had a problem.

If you do decide to add one, Id do it sooner than later. Sand that gets put onto the roads and those plastic clips that need removed dont play well together. I know this from experence. Lol

·
Registered
560 Posts
on the earth dream motor it is easy to install. its in the front just left of the converter. unscrew the big 19mm plug and screw in the heater. If you really want to be fancy remove the bumper to pass the plug. If you don't mind just route the wire the best you can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts