Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to put some money into my 3rd gen V. Miss my swapped EK and lets face it the V will never compare...BUT...doesn't mean I can't have any fun!
Just ordered...
Simota CBII-113 Carbon Fiber Intake system (application specific)
H&R Lowering Springs
Megan Racing Rear Camber kit
Mugen Grille

Have a lead on a nice set of Stern 19" rims painted high gloss black...
debating on getting a Megan muffler...I have had the same one on 2 cars now and LOVE the sound...just don't know if I will like it on the V...all bark and no bite really. lol.
Also debating a Weapon R throttle controller...mixed reviews...seems to smooth out the response though.
Will post some pics soon once things are installed in the next week or so.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Looking forward to the pics. I'm with you on the muffler in that on a V it can't back up the sound.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would use a magnaflow muffler instead of megan, just because I know the quality, as for wheels what are you looking to pay I can hook u up lovely on some 18s 19s and 20s..
ps. if you cut some weight on the v it'll help, ie. smaller donut

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have been using the Megan on last 2 cars and can't get away from the low deep sound...not like all the fart pipes on most guys cars. Real nice and smooth tone...but again all bark and no bite just leaves me looking and sounding dumb. lol. OBX actually makes a full cat back for 3rd gen Vs...but I think exhaust is on the back burner for now.
As far as the wheels I am getting a steal if the guys actually touches them up a bit...he is asking $450 but told me I could take them for $350...when I went to check them out I realized the paint job was under par so told him if he touched them up (he works at an auto body shop) I would make it worth his time. Supposed to hear from him today or tomorrow.
rims.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
As far as Magnaflow they are more mopar than import. Granted they do make stuff for import applications but they are a brand more notorious with mopar guys. The same megan muffler in the magnaflow version is 2 times the cost too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the rims put away in storage...H&R springs showed up today...Megan Racing Camber kit will be here Friday...Intake should be here in 2 weeks...springs and camber kit will be going on next week...will post before and after pics.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yessir! Will be posting next Wednesday after i get it back from the shop. Rims won't be on til next spring...but you can see those on the first page of this thread. Kid did a good job painting them 2nd time around. Nice and glossy. The rubber is a little small for the V though...gotta have 50 series thrown on in the spring...they have 40 series on them now.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
. The rubber is a little small for the V though...gotta have 50 series thrown on in the spring...they have 40 series on them now.
Ouch, I can only imagine the ride on the 40's. I just put some winter tires on 17" steelies and got 60's and already noticed the big difference.

Nice to hear the rims came out awesome!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so you still got to pay for rubber sigh, those st5 are $130/each new
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/371184300779?lpid=82
Damn! breakin' my balls huh? lol. Still saving money regardless. When it comes down to it though I really don't have to spend too much on rubber because the Brand new Copper cs4's I just put on that are coming off the stock rims will catch me a few hundred bucks. I can then sell the 40 series rubber too....so neh neh na boo boo...stick your head in doo doo. Biaaaaatch! lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The ride is night and day difference! You can definitely tell you are lower to ground when driving and the body roll is 1/4 to less than what it was before. Feels like sports car handling in an suv which is weird at first. Not too bouncy. No pics of camber kit but it went in super easy and adjusted easily for the tech. 4 wheel alignment and everything is in the green. Will post pics of Mugen Grille and Somota Intake when they get here in next few weeks. Going to grab a set of running boards too to help the lowered look out a bit also.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts