Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 2007 CRV, the badge on the back says I-CTD i. Now when I look on line it says "It has Sat Nav" this hasn't. It also says " it has a 6 speed box" mine has 5 . So please can some kind person tell me what I have!!.
I have also found out one does not climb in the back & let the door slam shut & find no interal door release, especially when previous owner has the child locks on [embarrasing asking passer by to let you out ] I believe there is a bar to lock the door open this is missing, is it possible to replace it, or is there a DIY substitute.
I am sorry fergot my manners the name is Steuart. All & any information on this type of vehicle appreciated.

·
Administrator
3,408 Posts
Lets start with an image of the car. The UK car year is defined differently to the US model year. 2006/07 and you are at is a cross over between two generations.
Now lets post a picture of the engine. Its may say on the back that its a diesel but did someone stick that on? Did someone swap the engine out for something different?
On the B pillar of the vehicle (the one behind the front seats) there is a sticker that shows the date of manufacture. Lets post that picture to.

This could be interesting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lets start with an image of the car. The UK car year is defined differently to the US model year. 2006/07 and you are at is a cross over between two generations.
Now lets post a picture of the engine. Its may say on the back that its a diesel but did someone stick that on? Did someone swap the engine out for something different?
On the B pillar of the vehicle (the one behind the front seats) there is a sticker that shows the date of manufacture. Lets post that picture to.

Hi Rocky, first may I say thank you fer your reply. Now in regard to what you ask it is a bit late now but tomorrow I will do the searches you suggest. It is registered as a DIESEL, the last owner had it 8 years as far as I can see, by all accounts she was only the 2nd owner from new, I have the service records for at least 7/8yr. As I say I will do the search as suggested & come back to you. Steuart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Rocky, first may I say thank you fer your reply. Now in regard to what you ask it is a bit late now but tomorrow I will do the searches you suggest. It is registered as a DIESEL, the last owner had it 8 years as far as I can see, by all accounts she was only the 2nd owner from new, I have the service records for at least 7/8yr. As I say I will do the search as suggested & come back to you. Steuart.
Hi Rocky sorry to be late. Being from the dark ages I have a problem with the new tech, so could not down load info but have the details so will pass them now.
The label on the B Pillar is :- 215/65R1698T.I am assuming the other numbers refer to tyre pressures. Under the bonnet I did not see anything referring to "DIESEL", the only things under there was I assume chassis No stamped into the baffle plate, & the VIN plate on the right hand side of the inner wing which told me this vehicle was made in England.
I am sorry that is all the info I have I am waiting for the REG document from Swansea tho I doubt that will add anything else.I hope this little info might help you solve my wee query. Steuart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Steuart

Good looking dog you have

Did you try putting your VIN into a site like below, might tell you more information:

No did not know about that, as said I was born in the dark ages [40s] so thanks will most deffinitly do that, if only to pass away the time in islation Steuart

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No did not know about that, as said I was born in the dark ages [40s] so thanks will most deffinitly do that, if only to pass away the time in islation Steuart
Good afternoon Hoser,have just done as you suggested & OH DEAR I hope IT has not hit the fan.I put the following VIN in:------HSSRD97606U124243. & I was informed they could not give me any infomation on this vehicle.
There is a 14 figure line above this but that has spaces betwixt the figures.I do apologise for bothering you with this but I am now more worried now this is happening. If you or anyone else can help me sort this mystery out I would be most gratefull, thank you in advance.

teuart

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Steuart,

I tried your VIN on multiple sites, but like you, no good results

this is the number I tried:
HSSRD97606U124243

Is this correct?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SHSRD97606U124243. Almost but the beginning is SHSRS the numbers are correct, I appear to be a pain in the arse sorry, wishing now I had not started this. read thro what I presume was the American spec fer different models some I have but most totally different.
IF you wish me to get lost please say so no offence will be taken I can assure you, I can't change what I have or haven't. This just started off as a query & now turned into a pain. Once more I do apologise. Steuart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh so I am chatting over the POND then, didn't realise that silly b*gger. There is 17 numbers in mine but the plate is riveted on the passenger side inner wing. We limy's do everything the wrong way. What Time is it with you, I hope your not in NY, wherever take care. S

·
Registered
27 Posts
Canada here

Ok found it this time
Says you have a 2006 Diesel, 6 speed manual
The site only shows limited info for free, does not show if Sat Nav or not

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Odd I can only find 5 on floor, will have to look fer tother, I know I am old but didn't think I was that bad.would you mind passing the link so I can buy more info. Thanks S.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don’t know if you will get any more value by paying, hopefully you can find more for free

autodna.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HI, how are you today, I managed eventually to the free site, not a lot there but I can get a full report if I wish the only thing is they do not put a price up so ferget it. As to my only having 5 gears guess what I found the 6th I think, on the gear stick it only goes 1-5 no 6 & no reverse, but I think Ihave sussed it only problem at present is a "LOCK DOWN" so am stuck fer the foreseeable future, luckily there is a young chap 2 doors down who has offered to take madam fer a wee walk so that helps, I mean HOW do you explain to a dog about life. I like yours by the way give him a pat from me.
Anyway I thank you fer putting up with my problem it is much appreciated. Steuart.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts