Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to protect my front seats primarily the driver seat since I will be using a seat cushion for back support which goes on the bottom and the back of the seat. I don't want any staining from the cushion in the hot Florida sun.

Has anyone had good luck with a quality seat covers ? I have the grey interior.

Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got a set from CarID made by Coverking. They take a couple of weeks to get to you because they are custom made for each application. So far I'm very happy with the fit, it's easy to tell they are fitted to the application and not a one size fits all. They have about a dozen different materials you can get. Don't know about longevity since I just put them in, but I can recommend the brand for fitment.

I just installed them yesterday, and am going to re-install them today or tomorrow. If you don't want to install them twice I suggest you look up the instruction video on their site before you install them, unlike me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am looking for the same. Let me know if you have found find any. I was considering to buy Veloci-vent car seat cover by Cover King sold at Costco. Check it out:

https://m.costco.com/Coverking-Cust...aterials-To-Choose-From.product.11618905.html
Looks like the same thing I got, except from a different retailer. That particular one is called the "Mesh" at CarID, and they have many more materials and colors to choose from. The price was is similar, about $4 more than Costco. So far I'm pleased with the construction and fitment.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here's a picture of the Coverking Gray Mesh seat cover installed.

BTW the installation video is for a 2016. Ignore the part about disconnecting the factory back under seat flap and feeding it through the new cover. The seat covers for the 17-18 models don't have a strap to feed it through. Besides the way it's attached on these factory covers it would be a real PITA to reattach it.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Looks good!
How do the seat bottom covers stay fastened? Are there elastic straps on the sides that are connected underneath the seat bottom? Was it difficult to do that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

BTW the installation video is for a 2016. Ignore the part about disconnecting the factory back under seat flap and feeding it through the new cover. The seat covers for the 17-18 models don't have a strap to feed it through. Besides the way it's attached on these factory covers it would be a real PITA to reattach it.
Wow those look great. Are you concerned about the black staining the grey sides in the hot Florida sun? I live in Florida also.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, there are elastic straps on the cover. It is a one piece design, but there are straps sewn into the middle where the top and bottom are connected. These slide in between the seat bottom and the backrest, then connect to the straps on the front of the seat bottom cover.

The following video will give you an idea, the first 5 minutes is for the front seats. It is for a gen4 not a gen5, but it's close enough. The only thing is don't do the part at about 2 minutes where it says to disconnect the factory bottom seat flap. That doesn't apply to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVbAB23I-Y0

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very nice perfect color combo.
Wow those look great. Are you concerned about the black staining the grey sides in the hot Florida sun? I live in Florida also.
Thanks. I was concerned initially about the black sides looking out of place, but it matches all the black plastic and grey cloth in the interior quite well. I also have the black all weather mats, so it fits in quite nicely.

The cover is multi layer, the black material doesn't actually touch the seat. It is also machine washable, so it shouldn't bleed or stain. I hope. If you are concerned you can order the cotton ones which come in all grey. I got these because they were a little more spill resistant and the mesh material looked more "stretchy", so it should fit better. Don't think you can get them at Costco, but you can get them straight from Coverking or from CarID.

·
Registered
149 Posts
if you use this cover, i wonder how the seats side airbags will deploy?
The covers from this company are custom made for each particular model. For the CR-V they have a cutout on the side for the airbag.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Finally got my seat covers today. It took me a long time to decide what I wanted, but I went with the leatherette from Coverking. I previously purchased the Neo-supreme for my Element, they fit nice but the top fabric separated from the backing foam in less than 3 years. I knew the new seat covers wouldn't fit as tight but I hope they will clean up better and last longer. The color matches great (medium gray).

·
Registered
149 Posts
That cover looks good! Unless you get real close it looks like factory.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Hi everyone,

Decided to step in to invite you check out our selection of custom fit seat covers for the 2017 CR-V. Just follow the link below to view the whole selection:
2017 Honda CR-V seat covers at CARiD
You can pick the color and material you like. If you want something that is easily cleaned, you may be interested in neoprene, leather or leatherette seat covers.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
497 Posts
This is why i didn't want the light grey fabric on my 18 EX. it gets dirty when just breathing on it. I knew seat covers would be a must for them if i got them.
I was set on modern steel with black interior, and for some reason that was not a popular combination here and had to have one flatbed trucked over from another dealer.
The black cloth seats really look nice i think, and I don't think i need covers for them.. yet anyway

But even the black cloth armrest gets dirty so easy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts