Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CRV 2019 2.4L CVT Touring
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Are they actually Honda CRV Gen 5 mudguards?
Yes I'm definite that I purchased the OEM Honda PN: 08P00-TLA-100 from the dealership as the sticker was seen on the outer plastic that the mudguards came sealed in. It was mentioned assembled in USA. They checked my chasis number on their Honda part system before issuing me the mudguards.
Can you please share your CRV 2017-2020 mudguards installation inner part photos. I have viewed the Canadian CRV mudguard photos which Nuke has shared. I see a big difference in the height of the mudguard from the inner part in comparison to mine that's why requesting you to share yours. If you can't share please request somebody else having a USA CRV to share theirs.
After I check with more vehicles to confirm, I want to investigate and report about this variance found to my dealership.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
It looks almost like they installed the front flaps on the rear?
I definitely purchased the OEM Honda PN: 08P00-TLA-100 mudguards from the dealership as the sticker was seen on the outer plastic that the mudguards came sealed in. It was mentioned assembled in USA. They checked my chasis number on their Honda part system before issuing me the mudguards.
I rechecked today morning and seen that my both front mudguards matches the shape of your front mudguards hence perfect fit. So which means and proves that the technicians at Honda fitted the mudguards correctly on all four sides. However I can clearly see the vast difference in the height of rear mudgaurds after seeing the photos in comparison to mine. Your rear mudguards are definitely have much more height than mine and I'm wondering why this difference since my rear ones are of much shorter length almost looks similar to the front ones.
After I check with more vehicles to confirm, I want to investigate and report about this variance found to my dealership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you all 4 participants for your esteemed support. I already got my OEM Honda mudguards installed by the dealership today afternoon. I paid 28.00 US $ as labor charges which was the discounted rate. For your information in the Middle East region, only one exhaust comes with the CRV which is on the right-hand side. They installed the front side mudguards perfectly however used one factory screw which came with the car and one screw which came along with each of the front mudguards. Then, I found a discrepancy with the installation of the rear ones. I observed that the mudguard which was installed on the right-hand side has a gap between the inner fender (liner) say around 5cms and a bit of the exhaust muffler is even seen. The mudguard on the left-hand side looks perfect as there are zero gaps visible. On both sides, they have bolted the mudguard from underneath the bumper. I have attached the inner view photos for both rear mudguards. I have taken them at different angles so you can see the gap which I'm referring to.
I'm surprised about this so I wish to know the feedback and opinions from you'll guys since you'll too have installed the rear mud-guards.
Please share your front and rear mudguard photos (photos taken from inside view) if you can, It would certainly help me to spot any differences and if any exists I can report the error in installation committed by the dealership.
What does the front look like? Look like the left hand side rear looks to be the front. The rears are smaller in size. So if the left and right side do not look like the same size, they were installed wrong.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Guys,
I purchased the genuine Honda mudflaps from my Honda dealership for 44 US $ including 5% VAT today. However the dealership told me that the labor cost was additional 40 US $ and would take around an hour or so to install. I feel that it isn't economical to install there and would it be fine/advisable to install them in local repair workshops/garages who would charge me significantly much lesser. Need your advise as I'm confused to whom I should choose to install them with.
Definitely do it yourself! If you can operate a Phillips screwdriver -- the Honda installation instructions specify a "stubby" one since you'll have limited room by the tire -- you can do it. No drilling. Use a push-pin to "tap" a plastic clip for the one screw you have to add at the top. The other two screws are already there, and you remove and replace them through the mudguard.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
What does the front look like? Look like the left hand side rear looks to be the front. The rears are smaller in size. So if the left and right side do not look like the same size, they were installed wrong.

That's a good point, did they install the front guard on the back and vice verse?

I did the install and I feel like it was fairly straight forward.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
That's a good point, did they install the front guard on the back and vice verse?

I did the install and I feel like it was fairly straight forward.
I just confirmed that the left and right rear mudguards are identical in size and shape for me. I just see the gap is more on the right-hand side in comparison to the left-hand side. However, I took my car into another branch of the dealership in order to report the issue and they successfully fitted both sides well. However, I see there is a big difference in the size and shape of my rear mudguards in comparison to the ones fitted in the USA/Canada CRV's. Even though mine were assembled in the USA the dealership has come up with the conclusion saying that maybe the mudguards design varies from region to region because many of the car features and parts are of GCC specs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed mud guards on my 2019 CRV EXL in about an hour. They fit perfectly. They are OEM. I just googled them and bought them at the Honda OEM site for $65. I just followed the instructions and everything went smoothly. I will take a picture tomorrow during the day so you can see. Absolutely no problems!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I installed mud guards on my 2019 CRV EXL in about an hour. They fit perfectly. They are OEM. I just googled them and bought them at the Honda OEM site for $65. I just followed the instructions and everything went smoothly. I will take a picture tomorrow during the day so you can see. Absolutely no problems!
Hello, please send me the picture of your mudguards which you told me that you had installed, I presume you forgot to share the photos.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Definently fit them as they keep the majority of muck finding its way into the front door inner sills. I fitted a set of Honda lookalikes that I got off e bay for less than £20. They were OK but I subsequently changed the front set for Weathertech guards and they provide better coverage.

Fitted both sets myself really easily and didn't have to drill any holes on the Honda. Any screws or bolts are fixed to predefined grommets already located around the wheel arch.

I think Dark Knight has posted that standard guards don't fit if a body kit is fitted. I should also check that the dealer isn't trying to fit non standard generic guards as they may need additional holes drilled.
Dear Charlie1960, Would you mind sharing the pictures of your installed Weathertech mudguards. I installed my OEM ones properly, however, just for curiosity and comparison purposes I would like to see the differences in Weathertech in comparison to the OEM ones. Would appreciate your cooperation and understanding in attending to my request.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts