Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello CR-V Owners! I am brand new to this and wanted to see if I could possibly ask for some assistance. I have recently purchased a 2010 CR-V and I believe it has steel wheels.(It has chrome hubcaps or something?) I am a long time Honda guy and have almost always made sure to have aluminum wheels on my vehicles but this one arrived without them. I will explain more so that this make more sense to you folks, especially since I am brand new around here. I am in my 40's and have been in Ohio my entire life. I've been in the restaurant industry most of the last 20 some years until the last few when I found out I had kidney cancer. Remove a kidney...headaches...MRI...Brain Cancer. I've now had two brain surgeries (among others but those aren't important) and so I cannot drive at this time due to some things.

Anyway, fast forward to this week, I purchase a car that is new-ish to us because our Pilot is no longer safe to drive thanks to Ohio salt on the road. Because of some of my brain problems, I had help from family on purchasing the car, and got the less expensive version of the CR-V with no aluminum. SO, what types of wheel am I easily able to switch on to it if I were to find them and purchase them at a reasonably cheap price? I see some 2016 Accord wheels I could afford...is that possible? What about older Pilot wheels? Would it have to specifically be a CR-V wheel? Is there a sheet somewhere that just tells what works with what so that I wouldn't have to ask you guys that understand this stuff? Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help with this info and I'm hoping to love my CR-V for years to come like I have the rest of my Honda's.

·
Administrator
3,293 Posts
You can go a Honda CrV wheels or aftermarket. Aftermarket take a look at www.tirerack.com Since you are moving from steel wheels, you will need to replace the lug nuts.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts

·
Everything in Moderation
8,036 Posts
CRV383 posted the Wheel Size .com site. That will tell you all the specs that you need to consider. I don't think Pilots had the same bolt pattern or offset, but I know that Accord/Acura TL rims fit perfect on our '06.

Talk to the guys at tirerack.com about possible aftermarket rims (and whether lug nuts are needed...we've never needed them on Hondas, but I know they differ on Nissans).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the help. Tirerack.com doesn't want to help because I don't want to buy anything from them. So here is what I am currently trying to do and if anyone here has any more help or additional information, I am even more happy to owe you additional thanks.

I have checked my tires and they are the standard 225/65R17 on the steel wheels. What I am finding locally are a lot of Honda wheels that are 7x17 and according to the wheel-size.com site, it says that it should be on a 6.5x17. I guess my questions are this: first: can those tires go on a 7x17 without a problem?Are those two wheels that much different from each other? and second: if I had to buy different tires to fit the different wheel, would it still be ok to install on the CR-V? and finally: if no one really knows this stuff, does anyone have a decent idea of what kind of place I should look for locally to ask all of these questions?

Again, thanks to everyone before this and anyone who offers additional help beyond.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,036 Posts
what kind of place I should look for locally to ask all of these questions?
Ask at a local wheel or speed shop.

JMHO a half-inch wider wheel should not cause an issue (especially because you are not going to run ultra low profile tires).

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Thanks everyone for the help. Tirerack.com doesn't want to help because I don't want to buy anything from them. So here is what I am currently trying to do and if anyone here has any more help or additional information, I am even more happy to owe you additional thanks.

I have checked my tires and they are the standard 225/65R17 on the steel wheels. What I am finding locally are a lot of Honda wheels that are 7x17 and according to the wheel-size.com site, it says that it should be on a 6.5x17. I guess my questions are this: first: can those tires go on a 7x17 without a problem?Are those two wheels that much different from each other? and second: if I had to buy different tires to fit the different wheel, would it still be ok to install on the CR-V? and finally: if no one really knows this stuff, does anyone have a decent idea of what kind of place I should look for locally to ask all of these questions?

Again, thanks to everyone before this and anyone who offers additional help beyond.
Go to tirerack.com click on any of the 225/65/17 tires. Click on "specs"......the chart will show you the rim width range for a 225 width tire.

Looks like most 225 wide tires recommend a 6"-8" rim width range. 6.5" wide rim or 7" wide rim.......good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts