Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought new headlights for my 5 speed 2006 and I bought them for a Japan built CRV. After they arrived I noticed when I opened the driver's side door written on a sticker that mine was actually built in the UK. I notice they have two types of headlights for my year and model, UK & Japan built.
I ordered them on ebay and here are pics of the two different models:
IMG_2403.jpg IMG_2404.jpg
Will Japanese headlights fit in my UK built 2006 or should I return them for UK? I'm hoping someone knows so I don't have to spend time taking my bumper off, etc. only to find out they wont work.

Thank you!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also say I am planning on taking them apart to do a retrofit with projectors (ie, the right/safe way to install HIDs) and need to know this before I start hacking into the headlights.

In the above images the ones on the left are UK and Japanese are on the right.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I don't know the answer to this but want to subscribe as I want to know the answer as well.

OP, if the first letter of your VIN is a "J", it was Japan built. If it is an "S", it was UK built. Many parts are different actually.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,552 Posts
I can't tell from the pictures.

But yeah, many parts are different UK vs. Japan (even tail-light bulbs). We always need to look carefully at the parts-lists from the online dealers to see, "just in case".

I'd compare carefully before you modify the new ones...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts