Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am a first time Honda owner. I bought a 2012 CRV LX last week, and a few days later realized there was no heat on the drivers side. I did some Googling and found out about it being a common problem, and saw the Honda service bulletin that says a flush should correct the issue. I took the car back to the dealership that I bought it from (which was a Nissan dealer), and they said they were sending it to Honda to have the flush performed. Honda says they are going to flush it twice today and have my car back to me by the morning.

My question is for CRV owners who have had this problem, and had the flush performed; have you had any more problems with the heat since the flush? I'm nervous about this being a problem again and having to come out of pocket for a repair. My car came with a 1,000 mile/1 month warranty, so right now any problems are being covered by the dealership, but I'll be out of that warranty soon and would hate to have to spend a ton of money fixing a relatively "new" car that I just purchased.

Thanks!!
- Kristi

·
Registered
229 Posts
A flush will just flush your wallet unless the service is required bye the maintenance minder, if theres a blockage in your cooling system the heat would be poor on both sides . Each side does not have its own heater core running hot coolant. Just vents vents air that run off of one central core , sounds to me like you have a blend door issue on your heater if you foots cold and drivers side and warm on passenger.
Where are you feeling ' the heated are from' dash vents, floor, ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi!

I am a first time Honda owner. I bought a 2012 CRV LX last week, and a few days later realized there was no heat on the drivers side. I did some Googling and found out about it being a common problem, and saw the Honda service bulletin that says a flush should correct the issue. I took the car back to the dealership that I bought it from (which was a Nissan dealer), and they said they were sending it to Honda to have the flush performed. Honda says they are going to flush it twice today and have my car back to me by the morning.

My question is for CRV owners who have had this problem, and had the flush performed; have you had any more problems with the heat since the flush? I'm nervous about this being a problem again and having to come out of pocket for a repair. My car came with a 1,000 mile/1 month warranty, so right now any problems are being covered by the dealership, but I'll be out of that warranty soon and would hate to have to spend a ton of money fixing a relatively "new" car that I just purchased.

Thanks!!
- Kristi
This is 2 months old, but I'll comment anyway. I, too, bought a 2012 CRV and noticed the same problem on my test drive. System was flushed and heat has been fine since October. FWIW.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had my 2012 EX-L flushed in 2014; it took 4 hours to perform the flush.
Most importantly...I've had all the heat I needed after flushing the engine block and I still have the car.
You'll have lots of heat in the cabin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts