Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My wife has just ordered a CRV EX (UK) and she asked for an iPod adapter fitting (as shown in the accessories book).

The sales guy said it wasn't needed in the EX because it has USB connectivity.

Is there a difference between how the two work? I seem to think the iPod adapter is located in the glovebox which seems a lot more convenient that between the front seats (which I think is where the USB adapter is isn't it?)

Thanks for any advice you can throw my way.

Dene

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi

My wife has just ordered a CRV EX (UK) and she asked for an iPod adapter fitting (as shown in the accessories book).

The sales guy said it wasn't needed in the EX because it has USB connectivity.

Is there a difference between how the two work? I seem to think the iPod adapter is located in the glovebox which seems a lot more convenient that between the front seats (which I think is where the USB adapter is isn't it?)

Thanks for any advice you can throw my way.

Dene
As far as I can tell, the plug in the glovebox for the Ipod is a standard USB port (I have a 3rd gen ipod nano plugged in and I have full control of music from the navi touch screen). There is an aux jack which uses an rca plug which can also be used to upload music from an ipod or mp3 player, but that is not the same....you will not get the ipod menu with the aux jack as you will with the glove usb port. (at least that is how it is on my 2010 ex-l navi).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aahhh, so the USB is in the glovebox. For some reason, I thought it was in the middle between the two front seats.

Great stuff! thanks for that.

Now we've only got four months to wait for delivery of the vehicle ;-)

Dene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts