Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Question for current 2017 CRV Touring owners.

2706 10
Question for new owners with iPhone. Does Google Map display with car play using your iphone? (If possible post a pic)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Apple doesn't allow other mapping apps via Carplay at this time. My wife was bummed, as she had gotten used to using Waze.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
678 Posts
Even if Apple allowed it, Waze has expressed no plans to implement such thing. In fact, Waze doesn't leverage any of the Navigation SDK tools that integrate into iOS. It's a great sandboxed app that doesn't put any effort in the overall user experience with deeper iOS integration. M

·
Registered
325 Posts
Even if Apple allowed it, Waze has expressed no plans to implement such thing. In fact, Waze doesn't leverage any of the Navigation SDK tools that integrate into iOS. It's a great sandboxed app that doesn't put any effort in the overall user experience with deeper iOS integration. M
I have no personal experience with Apple maps or Waze, as I am an android user and use Google maps.

But, according to my wife, regardless of their lack of "effort in the overall user experience with deeper iOS integration," Waze still was far better than Apple maps, and she misses it.

She's chosen to use the built-in Garmin navigation over apple maps.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
That Waze demo was almost a year ago - they must be having some real problems for it not to have been released yet.
I think the delay has more to do with Google figuring out how to monetize Waze with live ads based in your location and driving habits that pop up onto your car infotainment screen.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.