Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 owners manual had a section that I found a while back and have tried to find that section again but without reading it cover to cover, maybe somebody has the answer here.

Here's the question...,I store the spare fob near enough to the car in the garage that it would activate the system which I don't want so if I forget the first fob that I can move the car without running upstairs for the other fob.
There was a section that tells how to "deactivate" the fob if it was stored in this fashion too close to the car. It was deactivated and it was successful, and to "reactivate" it all you do is press a feature on it.

How do you "deactivate" it again? It was just a sequence with the buttons.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
If u add a fob i think it ques out the older ones (maybe thats what u read)
i’ve never seen a way to deactivate it.

if you need a simple fix for the spare key hanging just order a cheap faraday bag and enclose it then hang where it is now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I was looking fir guys is the procedure for more or less "turning the fob off" without removing the battery or anything else because it is used at times when I forget to bring the fob with me from the second floor. I had it set like this once but can't find the procedure for doing it again in the book. Guess I have to read it page by page LOL
Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
What I was looking fir guys is the procedure for more or less "turning the fob off" without removing the battery or anything else because it is used at times when I forget to bring the fob with me from the second floor. I had it set like this once but can't find the procedure for doing it again in the book. Guess I have to read it page by page LOL
Thanks
When you find it let us know. You can turn certain fob features off but I've never heard of turning the fob off short of removing the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts