Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 exl 28k. I’m very fussy when it comes to keeping my cars clean. At 28k miles, you would have a hard time distinguishing my car from a brand new one. I keep my paint spot less and it’s as smooth as ice. I swear by turtle wax ice as the car self dries after 40 mph. Under the hood no dirt and grime and wheel dishes that you can eat off of. But I have never used tire shine because they attract so much dirt on the wheels and tires. So I’m wondering if any of you have found a product to makes the tires look darker without them being super shiney or glossy. I’ve tried all types of tire shine products and I’ve tried to remove as much excess as possible but they still attract dirt.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have never found a product that lasts more than a day or two. I'm sure there are a ton of products people like, but as you said, they get dirty pretty fast.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I recommend driving through deep powder snow -- it scrubs the dirt off of the rubber sidewalls and keeps 'em looking GOOD!

Come on by and I'll let you clean your tires in my driveways then you can play with a snow shovel -- SO much fun!

Contact me for available times...YOUR tire sidewalls will THANK YOU!

:pyth:

·
Registered
516 Posts
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on my cars, motorhome and tractors. It doesn't attract dirt, makes the tires look new without that over shine some products do, and indications are it protection against harmful UV rays. I agree with your recommendation for using Turtle Wax Ice.

303 protect.JPG

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
362 Posts
I've been using Meguiar's Hyper Dressing for years on my tires at one part H.D. to three parts water. Looks pretty much like a new tire, lasts ~4 weeks. Works great on the black trim on my CRV too. I apply it with a 3" paint brush. Haven't tried it on leather yet but I'm planning to after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6mpdPbghjY

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on my cars, motorhome and tractors. It doesn't attract dirt, makes the tires look new without that over shine some products do, and indications are it protection against harmful UV rays. I agree with your recommendation for using Turtle Wax Ice.

View attachment 128645
Good stuff but don't get on the rotors .... it work help your braking power :=(

·
Registered
741 Posts
Meguiar's G7516 Endurance Tire Gel is the best I've found so far. Lasts a long time, doesn't sling off the tire. I use a sponge applicator to apply, only takes 1-2 min per tire after I wash the car.

G7516-750x750.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro.
Very similar to the product that Michelin used to have. Nice satin look.
(I spray it into a bowl and apply with a small paint brush)

+1 on the 303 for door gaskets. Two good coats and I don't have to re-do for about 5 yrs.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 128645
303 makes good products - I use 303 on motorhome tires fr the UV protection but like the clean black look nice overly shiney.
Fine mist & wipe it tends to shed dirt & grime a Plus
Also work great on black rubber & plastic trim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts