Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are considering a new CR-V to replace our 2001 one. We've read about the vibration problems in the 2015 CR-V probably related to the CVT which doesn't show up until the car has over at least 500 miles on it.

My Question: Is there someone here with a 2016 CR-V AWD and at least 5 - 10k who can tell me if there is still that vibration problem in the 2016 CR-V,

Thanks,
tlcmd

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Not a '16 but I have a '15 with 12,256 miles at one year old. No problems ever and a joy to drive.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
381 Posts
We have two 2015's (one with 3300 miles, one with about 1200 miles), and no issues at all. I think the percentage of folks with that issue was very small, and they're very vocal on the forum.

The 2015/2016 vehicle vibration issue has been addressed. It was addressed in late 2015, and the models labelled 2016 all had it pre-installed at the factory. Anyone with a 2015 that notices any type of vibration (there are 3 kinds that they identified), can have the free fix installed - in the form of a TSB (Technical service bulletin). The tsb changes the balance and harmonics of the car, does a software update to raise the RPMs a bit, headrests, lift gate dampener, and replaces some transmission and radiator mounts to eliminate the vibrations that some have felt from the new engine. The pistons are aligned in a new way that can cause the issue, for some.

I haven't heard of a single 2016 owner claiming to have the problem, but there are about a dozen 2015 owners on the forum that had it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2015 CRV, AFTER at least 10 days in the shop they haven't got it right, at Interstate speeds it still vibrates, OK at the stop lights fair at the 40 to 50 mph range. Yesterdays ride with a tech when I asked him who you drive this on a trip, NO he said.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Has to be more than just a few 2015 owners to have the issue..Honda isnt going to put out a Video to keep a small % of people happy...1 has to keep in mind only a minuscule # of people come and post on a vehicle forum....so 1 can never really get a good feeling of any situation. Sort of a weird problem....some have no issues....some only have it 1 mode..some 2, some all 3.....Some seem 100% happy with the "fix" some are not, just say its tolerable and some said its now worse..... Good luck with your decision, its not an easy one to make.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I haven't heard of a single 2016 owner claiming to have the problem, but there are about a dozen 2015 owners on the forum that had it.
You're WAY OFF. A dozen 2015's? What BS. And there certainly are 2016's with some vibration.

I would stay away from 2015 and 2016's. Absolutely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We just bought a 2016 Touring 2WD a few weeks ago to replace my wife's Prius. She's already logged nearly 1000 miles and no vibration to speak of. Compared to the Prius at idle (which shuts itself off), any car is going vibrate more than that. She doesn't have any complaints in that regard. And, since my daily driver is a Dodge 3500 RAM diesel, it seems quiet to me as well. Our only complaint is the mileage. It's rated 26-33 and we're getting about 26.9 combined (according to the computer). We're hoping that will improve as it breaks in. I'll do some real world calculations later on to confirm the actual MPGs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
NHTSA National Highway Traffic Safety Administration already has complaints about the 2016s and the vibration problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We purchased a 2016 EX and noticed the vibrations at idle after 100km! Exact same issue as the 2015. Took it back to dealer and they re programmed the ECM/PCM, performed idle re-learn and did an engine & transmission mount re-nutrilization...did not work. Honda Canada claims this is normal for a 4cyl engine. I would believe them if it was a Harley Davidson. I've been driving 4cyl engines for over 20 years and this is not normal. I kept pushing the issue with Honda Canada and forced them to get a field engineer to inspect my car....and they did. Will keep you posted on what happens. anybody have similar problem with 2016?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a new 2016 ex awd. I read with great concern about the vibration issues before I bought my CR-V. Now with 3500 miles, I have experienced zero issues. Now I do have a slight issue with the firm/stiff ride of the CR-V at slow speeds, but that is a suspension issue, not an engine issue.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Consumer Reports recently published its annual all-model vehicle review issue. Pros and cons for each model are summarized. For the 2016-CR-V, one of the listed "cons" is "vibration at idle."

·
Registered
256 Posts
Consumer Reports recently published its annual all-model vehicle review issue. Pros and cons for each model are summarized. For the 2016-CR-V, one of the listed "cons" is "vibration at idle."
Can't speak for the early '16s, but that definitely doesn't apply to mine after 5k miles. Smooth and rattle free as well.

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
3,192 Posts
I put car dealerships and CR on the same level when it comes to trusting what they say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought 2016 CR-V Touring AWD last week. It was manufactured in 03/2016. I can confirm that it vibrates at idle around 800 RPM. It makes that drumming noise at idle. I feel the vibrations on the driver seat. It started right after I took the car out of dealership :( Very frustrating.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great... we are getting rid of a total piece of crap 2014 Jeep grand cherokee (worst vehicle ever - our 4th jeep) and getting a 16 CRV and now I read this? I was hoping going to honda would be trouble free... but the 17's are no good. I dont understand why they would make the CRV a pilot by adding more seats. Thats just stupid IMO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great... we are getting rid of a total piece of crap 2014 Jeep grand cherokee (worst vehicle ever - our 4th jeep) and getting a 16 CRV and now I read this? I was hoping going to honda would be trouble free... but the 17's are no good. I dont understand why they would make the CRV a pilot by adding more seats. Thats just stupid IMO
Just my opinion of course -

There is so little that goes wrong with the current CR-V that it appears that vibrations are likely to cause localized earth tremors. The engine is a high displacement direct injection inline 4 cylinder. It's going to have a significantly rougher idle than a conventional 4 much less a v6 or v8. It's the nature of the beast.

Very very few owners of 2016's have had the opportunity to drive a 2015 without the corrections in place. My next door neighbor has a 2015 that was corrected. Those that feel some degree of vibration in 2016's and say that it's just like a 2015 are incorrect in almost every case. Order of magnitude difference.

My 2016 has about 3k miles now. The vibration at idle is greater than when new. The reason appears to be that the idle speed has dropped slightly. Does it bother me? No, not really. Does it bother some percentage of others? Maybe, that's their call. Does it mean that it's acting like a 2015 or that it's in any way going to affect the long term reliability of the vehicle? Absolutely not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
God I hope so lol... i have been in the Jeep dealer more times in the last 3 years than ANY other dealer in the last 20.... and that include Oil changes. :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My 16 EX-L was produced in October 10-15 and now has just under 11,000 miles on it. I have found no problem with vibration or anything else. I did take it to the dealer this morning and had the TSB performed for a software update for the transmission that was issued on 8/3/2016. The TSB was done in less than 45 minutes, including the paperwork.

I have been very happy with it and would buy it again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 16 EX-L was produced in October 10-15 and now has just under 11,000 miles on it. I have found no problem with vibration or anything else. I did take it to the dealer this morning and had the TSB performed for a software update for the transmission that was issued on 8/3/2016. The TSB was done in less than 45 minutes, including the paperwork.

I have been very happy with it and would buy it again.
Thanks! Good to know!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts