Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
How could the 2016s still have issues. Honda announced that this issue was fixed.

If your car is vibrating, it's probably the regular vibration any car has OR take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't speak for why Honda hasn't found a fix for the 2016 yet I've been around the ringer here's my story...

Your not alone with 2016 vibration
I too have a 2016 crv ex 6500 miles bought new in April here in Dallas TX vibration starts at 70 and continues through 100mph that's as fast as I'll take it. At my own expense I have tried new tires Yokohama avid acends awesome tires helps some but not even close to eliminating the problem. Tried new rotors to see if the factory equiped ones were out of balance. Mind you this is after I met with a regional Honda rep who offered to do nothing besides road force balance the Bridgestone duelers that came with the vehicle. For some reason wheel bearing seals on both sides were leaking lubricant on knuckles so after a debated persuasion the dealer did agree and say he replaced them under the circumstances that if they leak again he would not replace them again. He swore up and down leaking seals were normal at this mileage, and I informed him that all the sources I have found stated that once the seals are compromised they soon will take in water dirt grit and debrief and go bad quick. So hopefully they did do what they promised. I don't know why they are still expelling grease though. There was no change in driving vibration after the bearing change car drives exactly the same. Vibration is worse on passenger side and it feels like your in a message chair. This is seriously something Honda needs to put a TSB out for 2016 models for. When I drive 150 miles one way to Oklahoma my wrist and hands become numb. But Honda America says it's a characteristic of the vehicle. So annoying. My next suspicion would be a bad cv but without a torn boot or loose axle the not much proof to convince the service department to replace it. Also they neutralized motor mounts no change.

Bad part is I have test drove 8 other crvs between Paris TX and Rockwall TX and they are all vibrating at highway speeds. So consumers have to be receiving these vehicles and being kept in the dark by Honda. I asked Honda America today about the 2015 TSB 15-046 to see if they could apply this type of fix to a 2016. Their reply...no. I asked if my vehicle was part of the TSB 16-053 they replied...no. So if you are a 16 crv owner with steering wheel vibrations or shakes at highway speeds speak up here so we can get our voices heard and if you guys know any possible fixes feel free to chime in. I believe once so money complained about their 15s they developed a TSB. I look forward too hearing from y'all and sorry if this seems like a thread Jack I really just wanted to revive the threat and let the forum mememer know there are more of us out there and what I have tried.

Matt

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I can't speak for why Honda hasn't found a fix for the 2016 yet I've been around the ringer here's my story...

Your not alone with 2016 vibration
I too have a 2016 crv ex 6500 miles bought new in April here in Dallas TX vibration starts at 70 and continues through 100mph that's as fast as I'll take it. At my own expense I have tried new tires Yokohama avid acends awesome tires helps some but not even close to eliminating the problem. Tried new rotors to see if the factory equiped ones were out of balance. Mind you this is after I met with a regional Honda rep who offered to do nothing besides road force balance the Bridgestone duelers that came with the vehicle. For some reason wheel bearing seals on both sides were leaking lubricant on knuckles so after a debated persuasion the dealer did agree and say he replaced them under the circumstances that if they leak again he would not replace them again. He swore up and down leaking seals were normal at this mileage, and I informed him that all the sources I have found stated that once the seals are compromised they soon will take in water dirt grit and debrief and go bad quick. So hopefully they did do what they promised. I don't know why they are still expelling grease though. There was no change in driving vibration after the bearing change car drives exactly the same. Vibration is worse on passenger side and it feels like your in a message chair. This is seriously something Honda needs to put a TSB out for 2016 models for. When I drive 150 miles one way to Oklahoma my wrist and hands become numb. But Honda America says it's a characteristic of the vehicle. So annoying. My next suspicion would be a bad cv but without a torn boot or loose axle the not much proof to convince the service department to replace it. Also they neutralized motor mounts no change.

Bad part is I have test drove 8 other crvs between Paris TX and Rockwall TX and they are all vibrating at highway speeds. So consumers have to be receiving these vehicles and being kept in the dark by Honda. I asked Honda America today about the 2015 TSB 15-046 to see if they could apply this type of fix to a 2016. Their reply...no. I asked if my vehicle was part of the TSB 16-053 they replied...no. So if you are a 16 crv owner with steering wheel vibrations or shakes at highway speeds speak up here so we can get our voices heard and if you guys know any possible fixes feel free to chime in. I believe once so money complained about their 15s they developed a TSB. I look forward too hearing from y'all and sorry if this seems like a thread Jack I really just wanted to revive the threat and let the forum mememer know there are more of us out there and what I have tried.

Matt
You've gotten good at cut and paste!

·
Registered
384 Posts
no kidding :) and the 2015 vibration issue was mostly at idle. If its happening at 60+mph, its a bent rim or something of that sort. (not related to the TSB, IMO)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
no kidding :) and the 2015 vibration issue was mostly at idle. If its happening at 60+mph, its a bent rim or something of that sort. (not related to the TSB, IMO)
rhody401 ...I concur with your analysis. We love our '15 too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Key word mostly at idle Pals it helps to actually look up these TSBs and learn about them before you offer your opinion on a fix for a vehicle. Also if you read through the entire post you would know that the process of a bent rim would have been ruled out through a road force balance procedure which was preformed on all four wheels. This post is to help those make an informed decision when they go to test drive and buy their new crv so they know what problem areas to look for. Simply coming here to say mines perfect and drives great offered no intellectual value in helping those discern what could be causing these vibration issues nor does it deliver any insight to prospective buyers as to what they should look for when evaluating a new vehicle for purchase. Here is some more copy and paste showing that vehicles moving at speed are included in the vibration TSB.

2015 Honda CR-V Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 15-046

In Honda TSB 15-046, titled "Vibration While Driving and/or Stopped in Gear," the automaker separates different driving conditions it calls "modes" that can result in the bothersome vibrations.

In mode 1, the vibrations occur while the CR-V is stopped in gear. In mode 2, the vibrations begin when the SUV takes off and the engine is at 1,000 to 2,000 RPM. And in mode 3, the CR-V is vibrating while traveling 40-50 mph with the engine at 1,800 to 2,200 RPM.

I am experiencing mode 3 vibrations

Matt ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought 2016 CR-V LX AWD two months ago, which was a big mistake. It started vibrating at idle after 500km.
Dealership states it's a normal behavior for that type of engine: BS! My understanding is that Honda put out a band aid, but has no real solution.
For all those looking to buy, my advice, stay away from CR-V!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I bought 2016 CR-V LX AWD two months ago, which was a big mistake. It started vibrating at idle after 500km.
Dealership states it's a normal behavior for that type of engine: BS! My understanding is that Honda put out a band aid, but has no real solution.
For all those looking to buy, my advice, stay away from CR-V!
You are in the minority. Hope your issue is resolved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are in the minority. Hope your issue is resolved.
My issue is not resolved and that's probably the case for all other 2015-2016 CR-V unlucky owners having this bothersome vibration problem. The worst thing in all this story is that Honda has no solution for it ( I was told that by Honda customer service rep) so they keep repeating their silly story about "specific characteristic" of the car. My Ottawa dealer can do nothing as "the fix has been applied already".
Since here in Canada there is no "lemon law" my next step will be contacting CAMVAP and look for arbitration process.
No need to say, this is my last Honda vehicle.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
My issue is not resolved and that's probably the case for all other 2015-2016 CR-V unlucky owners having this bothersome vibration problem. The worst thing in all this story is that Honda has no solution for it ( I was told that by Honda customer service rep) so they keep repeating their silly story about "specific characteristic" of the car. My Ottawa dealer can do nothing as "the fix has been applied already".
Since here in Canada there is no "lemon law" my next step will be contacting CAMVAP and look for arbitration process.
No need to say, this is my last Honda vehicle.
Sorry to learn of your continuing issues. I too would be angry that the problem has not been resolved. Every owner deserves better, much better. How can Honda expect to have loyalty and repeat customers with poor customer service. ----------------HONDA, IF YOU ARE LISTENING, HOW ABOUT RESPONDING TO THESE ISSUES AND THEN REALLY FIXING THEM!--------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a2016 1 month ago on the way home from the dealership I noticed the vibration . After several attempts at correction balancing tires dropping driveshaft still no results Service manager says no problem Supposed to meet with the district rep sometime soon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so any fix for CRV 2016 for vibration issues? I DEFINITELY feel it. I have owned 3 Hondas in the past and prolly this will be my last one. The testing/engineering/user experience dept people at Honda should be fired, who approved the design. Seriously, the purring and vibration of engines when stopped at signal lights drives me nuts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to know this too. I have a 2016 CR-V Touring which I bought in December of 2015 and the vibration is quite noticeable every time I stop on red light or a STOP. It actually occurs only when the engine is warm (so you probably wouldn't feel it when test driving it), and it seems to be more pronounced on the passenger's side. One way to fight it is to put your car in Park while stopping. Quite a pain.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts