Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! I just joined this group today because I am hoping to get some guidance and help with an issue I am having with my CRV. I haven't had it a month yet, and have just hit 600 miles. I have noticed that the drivers seat will not stay locked in position. I can set it in place, but the back (not the seat itself, just the back) creeps forward slowly on its own. If I leave it alone, the back creeps forward so much I can barely squeeze into the vehicle. The movement is slow, but clearly noticeable over time. Here are my questions:

1. Is there a "lock button" which will keep the seat in place?
2. If not, is this something that would be handled under warranty? The seat moves forward so slowly I am not sure a mechanic can "see" the problem
3. Last option--This problem is slowly driving me crazy, so if the problem cannot be diagnosed or repaired, is it possible to replace the automatic seat with a manual one?

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What year and model? I have a 2016 EX that has a power seat. The contents of my cargo pants pocket sometimes catches the seatback switch and causes it to tilt the seat forward. It could be that your clothes are sometimes catching it and causing the seat to move.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts