Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out the seats built a bed in the back of my second gen crv and my dog rides back there. Problem is when the windows are open all the way he could fall out. One of these days I might forget... I have no AC right now. I'd like to bolt or weld a heavy duty eye hook to the roof frame that I can tie his harness to. He weighs between 65 and 75 lbs, depending on how many treats he gets : /

Does anyone have a diagram of how the roof panel fits to the frame? Is there room to bolt an eye hook? Or is the panel welded to the frame? I think there is a frame member going across right behind the front seats where the front door ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think that's too far back and uncentered.

I thought of tethering to the piece of pvc I have running across.as a curtain rod, or replacing that with a metal pipe. But I'd rather cut into the ceiling and put an eyebolt or tie there. It would be more secure for 75lbs. I'm not too worried about how it looks- by the time I'm through with this car it'll have so many miles on it it won't be worth much anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Another option might be to clip something around the posts that support the center headrest.
Thanks. DOH!! putting a strap around both seats headrest bars and tying to that would probably a better idea than the ceiling. I didn't want to do that because when I'm camping I go through that section, but really, all it would take is unbuckling a strap.I have to unbuckle the dog barrier webbing there anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the dog have a history of jumping out? He may not be as dumb as you think. I mean, down here in the south, i see dogs untethered in the back of pickups all the time and they run from wheel well to wheel well and never fall or jump. My sweet Aussie, Husqvarna Veal Cow, bless her soul, never jumped out of any of my Jeep CJs. I bet he’ll stay put.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts