Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a quick oil drain plug on their CRV? If so what type and are they worth it?

Thanks in advance,
hkpga

·
Registered
304 Posts
With the fumoto, you can connect a hose from the unit to container when you are draining your oil.
Benefits less mess, no tools needed, don't have to replace crush washer, stripping out oil pan or losing the bolt from under torque.
Negative, $ and getting lazy

·
Registered
304 Posts
the kit comes with all the stuff you need to install into your car.
Here is a youtube video review of futomo by Paul N.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a Fram Sure drain on my CRV. IIRC it is an S2. I have moved it from Honda to Honda over the years. This is the fifth car it has been on. Started in 1995. It has never leaked. I also used a Fumoto on a diesel ford truck. It is still there since 2000. Works perfect.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I have a Fumoto F106 on our 2010 Accord and a Stahlbus on our 2018 CRV. Once applied, you don't have to worry about either reusing the old crush washer or stripping the oil pan threads when reattaching the drain plug. Really like them, although some would complain that both don't allow every single drop of used oil from draining out. The only complaint I have about either is with the Stahlbus. Once you insert the drain plug, make sure the hose is pointing towards your collection pan - it really comes out fast. One other thing: remove your dipstick prior to using either valve. Allows for a faster drain.

Here is a video describing the difference between them:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got one as insurance against stripping out the oil plug threads. It's cheap insurance compared to the cost of having to replace the oil pan if that happens.

The only risk is if you hit something on the road that pops up and manages to open the valve, but the CRV has a shield covering that area, so the risk is extremely small. Also, if you take your vehicle into a store to get your oil changed, they might refuse to do it once they see the valve because it's non-standard equipment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts