Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question from a new owner, of an 04 crv. I noticed that none of the overhead lights are working in the interior. I can't seem to find a specific fuse in the manual that only deals with them. Can anyone help?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,167 Posts
Also, check the driver's door switch, under the rubber.
If a seat belt got caught and damaged the switch, the light control circuitry may just be timed out.

The tailgate light is kind of independent, but the actuator on the left side doesn't always work the switch unless shimmed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fuse blew the second that I tried putting one in. The alternator is fairly new, but the charge light is on, on the cluster. It's charging 14.4 on average. Could this still be the door jamb switch?

·
Registered
106 Posts
if your battery light is illuminated on the dash, there is a problem with the circuit somewhere. how long has the charge light been on? as for the blowing of the fuse, sounds like a wire has been pinched and is grounding out.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,167 Posts
I'd be investigating the door switches, also be sure that the ceiling light is proper.

The battery light seems like a separate issue, worthy of its own Topic. :(

·
Registered
2007 CRV AWD
1,615 Posts
The fuse blew the second that I tried putting one in. The alternator is fairly new, but the charge light is on, on the cluster. It's charging 14.4 on average. Could this still be the door jamb switch?
The door jam switch is just a switch. It is either open/off or closed/on.
If it was shorted then the dash light would be on all the time. (fuse would not blow)
If it was opened then the dash light would not come on.
But, since the fuse was blown, it is more likely there is a short circuit.
Could be the wiring or in the bulb socket area.
And it should not affect the alternator.

I do not know if the 2004 V has the smart charging system or not
So don't know if 14.4 volts is normal But would not worry about that, yet.
Check the wiring going to the alternator. See if any wires are corroded or broken.
Visual inspections do not cost anything but time
Good luck. Hope you find the short.

·
Registered
106 Posts
the charging system is quite the piece of work. took me quite a while to figure out the issue with mine. luckily....a lot of places don't understand it and throw parts at it, so I bought the vehicle at a very good price. turns out it was a corroded wire in the loom that runs up the radiator bracket. 14.4 might be ok, it might mean nothing. sounds like a feedback wire has issues. there is a wire that runs to the cluster that specifically controls that light. perhaps the two problems you have are related in that both of these wires are broken/grounded etc. going to have to get out a meter. there is data online that has wire colors and such to know what goes where.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts