Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2012 EX-L AWD about a month now, and I noticed that the paint had chipped or flaked off the painted muffler body just below the tailpipe. I found that Rustoleum High Heat (up to 1200° F) black spray paint fixed the issue. It blended perfectly with the existing paint finish on the muffler. I picked up the paint at Walmart, but most hardware stores and/or Lowe's or Home Depot should carry it. It's usually used to repaint gas grills. Here is a link from Rustoleum's web site:

http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=112

Good luck!

Rob

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I chipped a little paint off my muffler when I installed my hitch. I might have to go get me a can of that now and fix it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got a 2013 White Diamond Pearl CR-V and after two days I noticed flaking on the front facing surface of the muffler. I walked the car lot Sunday and noticed 6 others that had not been sold yet already starting to flake. My neighbor has a 2012 CR-V that he has had about a year and his was also flaking. This problem is obviously just a flaw with the painting process on these mufflers. I don't see how Honda can't know about it at this point yet a year later they are still installing these on brand new CR-V's

I wanted to get an update on this fix that was done in this thread and see how it is holding up since this is the same fix I am looking at. Also before painting with the high heat paint did you sand the blemishes with a fine sanding sponge or paper?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts