Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '07 CR-V has the Conti-Trac 225/65-17's that I've always felt were a bit noisy. Now that they're worn out at 42K miles, it's much worse, so I'd like to replace them with something a lot quieter. No need for aggressive tread or high performance profile...just good wear, decent wet traction, and QUIET!:)

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Touring, for the Pilot and the CRV. The tires have made a big diffrence on road noise. My wife has even noticed how much quieter both vehicles have been.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would check out these excellent tires which are very reasonably priced. I have these on the other family cars but I see no reason why they would not work out well for your CRV. Pirelli P4's and General Altimax HP's. The General's are a little quieter. The quietest tire I have ever personally experienced are Michelin Primacy MXV4. My daughters '98 CRV has Bridgestone Dueller Alenza's which are a "dedicated" SUV tire. These are Exc. tires but are just a little noisy. My recently sold '01 CRV had Yokohama TRZ's which IMO are highly overrated. I personally would not install these tires again on the CRV. So, check out the Michelin's. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, after reading some reviews here and on Tire Rack, I bought the Michelin Latitude Tours. Very highly rated, supposedly very quiet...

Thanks for the responses
Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have Michelin Hydro Edge on my 2006 V and still hear road noise.I don't believe Honda knows how to design a car to stop tire noise?:( My 2006 Civic is the same!
Cheers
Hal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, after reading some reviews here and on Tire Rack, I bought the Michelin Latitude Tours. Very highly rated, supposedly very quiet...

Thanks for the responses
Cheers,
Tom
I recently bought Latitude Tours for the Pilot. This was after putting Yokohama Geolandars and Pirelli Scorpions on (and hating them). Discount Tire was nice enough to swap these out and then allow me to trade up to the Michelins. My issue was a "bounce" in both aforementioned brands. They were also loud. The Michelins smoothed the ride and quieted the car immensely. In fact, it is quieter now than the day we drove it off the lot with 8 miles on it...

Latitude Tour is the highest rated new Highway/SUV tire on the market. I hope they hold up as long as promised: 65k miles.

Let me know what you think of yours....

Jay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The CRV is my wife's daily driver, and she reports a significant reduction in road noise, which was our main goal. I've noticed it as well in the little bit I've driven it. I'll have more to report on the handling and weather traction after Christmas.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
An interesting thread, because the CR-V is not a quiet car. I wish there is a site that would rate tire noise - is there one?

I've had my 2001 since new and have had three sets of tires on them. I look for a tire that will give me good tire life. I generally don't have issues with grip, and I drive assertively (my wife calls it aggressively, but it's a matter of opinion).

Here's my Tire Summary:
1) Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684; 205/70-15
tire life: approx. 48,000 miles; OEM tires
2) Bridgestone Dueler A/T D693; 225/70-15
tire life: 62,368 miles; $131.37ea
3) Michelin LTX M+S; 225-70/15
tire life: since 110K; $124.55ea

I currently have 64K miles on the Michelin LTXs. They are quieter than the Dueler A/Ts. I'm happy with the LTX. For me, they are "quiet enough". But I'd be interested if someone had a comparison to an even quieter tire than the LTX. I do a little off-roading and the LTX performs well enough for me.

(I just posted pretty much this same reply to the person asking about tires for their 2001 CR-V.)

·
Registered
480 Posts
I used to only buy Michelin MXv4s, but my last set dry rotted prematurely. Michelin did make good on the defect and pro-rated me accordingly. I'm currently running Goodyear Eagle GTs on my 2006 Accord, which are very quiet. My 2012 CR-V has Bridgestones on it, which seem really noisy to me, but that could be because they're wider too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any new(er) development(s) on QUIET CR-V Tires?

I'm looking for ways to quiet down the road noise in our 2016 CR-V LX AWD. Smooth highways are a godsend, but as we all know, they are becoming more rare by the year.

Based on what I've read above and what my sons tell me, I should be looking at Michelin touring tires and there is one that claims to be energy efficient and also quiet, but sadly Tire Rack says it won't fit my CR-V!!!!

Any thoughts or feedback regarding quiet and fuel efficient tires for a 2016 Cr-V LX AWD (AWD is only for very infrequent (oops we're caught on the road at the start of a light snow storm) would be appreciated.

Also, any other thoughts about making our CR-V quieter (adding sound panels, undercoating, insulation etc.) would be appreciated.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm looking for ways to quiet down the road noise in our 2016 CR-V LX AWD. Smooth highways are a godsend, but as we all know, they are becoming more rare by the year.

Based on what I've read above and what my sons tell me, I should be looking at Michelin touring tires and there is one that claims to be energy efficient and also quiet, but sadly Tire Rack says it won't fit my CR-V!!!!

Any thoughts or feedback regarding quiet and fuel efficient tires for a 2016 Cr-V LX AWD (AWD is only for very infrequent (oops we're caught on the road at the start of a light snow storm) would be appreciated.

Also, any other thoughts about making our CR-V quieter (adding sound panels, undercoating, insulation etc.) would be appreciated.
For sound deadening sounddeadenershowdow.com is King. Talk to any car audio shop as well.

I did a significant upgrade to my 5th gen, you can see the general process. It works.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179442&share_tid=179442&share_fid=90805&share_type=t

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

If the tire size is the same it will fit. Tire size is all that matters. Match the 3 numbers and done. Not good to rely on websites like that all the time. They dont always update every tire in their warehouse that will fit a specific vehicle. So instead of looking for tires based on vehicle, look based on the size printed on the side of the tire (and on the sticker inside the door)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts