Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you need too or have too enter phone numbers manually into the Speed Dial area on the 7" Dash screen on the CRV, Honda have given us an Alphabetical keyboard as opposed to a QWERTY keyboard that everybody would be more than familiar with ...... Why?

I am totally bewildered by their choice of keyboards. :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Page 76 of the 2015 Navigation Manual: Keyboard can be set to alphabet or QWERTY. HOME button, Settings, System, Others tab.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Page 76 of the 2015 Navigation Manual: Keyboard can be set to alphabet or QWERTY. HOME button, Settings, System, Others tab.
Thanks for your reply djett, however that page in my Owners Handbook refers to "Safety of Larger Children" and the seat belts.
I have been through all the Menus on my 7" Screen and can find nothing to change the keyboard to the QWERTY layout, I have searched the Handbook for info and found nothing in there either.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Stevec5375, Thanks for the .pdf link mate, but my CRV does not have the full SatNav screen with GPS etc.
My CRV is the VTi-S in our 4WD range and is made in Thailand, how that equates to the USA range of CRV's I do not know, when I look at your range mine is a combo of about 3 looking at the Feature Highlights.

This is what we get in our range here in Australia.

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
Wombat: Honda infotainment systems vary significantly by region.
Therefore it's unlikely we'll know how to respond to your question due to the North American bias here.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wombat: Honda infotainment systems vary significantly by region.
Therefore it's unlikely we'll know how to respond to your question due to the North American bias here.
I understand the Nth American bias here, however we also have Asian Members here too, I thought they may have some idea if there is a way to change the keyboard.

Either way it is a huge stuff up by the Honda Techs. responsible for the Infotainment system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Stevec5375, Thanks for the .pdf link mate, but my CRV does not have the full SatNav screen with GPS etc.
My CRV is the VTi-S in our 4WD range and is made in Thailand, how that equates to the USA range of CRV's I do not know, when I look at your range mine is a combo of about 3 looking at the Feature Highlights.

This is what we get in our range here in Australia.
I would recommend that you fix your signature to disclosure that type of CR-V you have. Most people on here are going to assume you have an American version. Why waste our time otherwise?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would recommend that you fix your signature to disclosure that type of CR-V you have. Most people on here are going to assume you have an American version. Why waste our time otherwise?
I thought that the "Location" below my Forum Username explained that clearly enough already. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought that the "Location" below my Forum Username explained that clearly enough already. :rolleyes:
Dude, you could be an American relocated to Australia who had his car shipped over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts