Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,141 Posts
Are you still running your original battery?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,249 Posts
Make sure nothing is in front of the sensor (wire etc.) and that it is clean. A drop or two of oil or residual cleaner can cause problems.
Also check the wiring as you were working in that area.
It's almost certainly not a coincidence this happened just after that work.

Reactions: sirwired

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,548 Posts
I agree with sirwired. Sounds like whoever replaced the condenser, mangled the alignment or connections to the radar array.

The radar array is located where you visually can see what looks like a little black plastic plate immediately below the Honda logo of your front grillwork.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did a shop replace the condenser, or did you DIY it? If you had a shop do it, make them fix the problem; they would have had to disturb the radar to get the new condenser installed.
It was a store, they did not know how to solve the radar, I was really disappointing. Miraculously the symbols on the dash disappeared and the radar is working again.

·
Registered
2013 CR-V EXL
9 Posts
Either something is out of alignment OR your battery is weak.
I second this, either they damaged something, it needs to be recalibrated, due to them working around it, coming into contact with it, or the battery is becoming week, and those systems are not receiving the ample voltage they require, it temporarily working after hitting a cart, is most peculiar. Coincidental, I'm sure...

Reactions: williamsji

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I second this, either they damaged something, it needs to be recalibrated, due to them working around it, coming into contact with it, or the battery is becoming week, and those systems are not receiving the ample voltage they require, it temporarily working after hitting a cart, is most peculiar. Coincidental, I'm sure...
Is the calibration done with a scanner?

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,548 Posts
Is the calibration done with a scanner?
Radar calibration requires a fixed calibration bay set up at a dealership. It has special targets placed according to Honda calibration requirements, and calibration takes an hour or two to complete.

Same with the front facing camera, though it's calibration bay setup is different (optical vs millimeter radar).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts