Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2018 Touring model, I'm trying to retrieve the radio and navi codes. For that I need the radio and navi serial numbers. I first searched here and found no threads. On the HondaLink owner's website, the instructions are only for models with push button screens, nothing for the touchscreen models. Called my local dealer, who said no codes or serial numbers are coming up against my VIN, and referred me to Honda Customer Care, who in turn referred me back to the local dealer.

Does anyone know how to get the SN and/or codes for the radio and navi in this model? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I believe the VIN is programmed into the unit so you need to take it to the dealer and see what is wrong with it
That is what I was also told.
That's why buying a used one on eBay is pretty much worthless unless you have the proper documentation.

Rob

·
Registered
2016 EX AWD
5 Posts
On my 2018 Touring model, I'm trying to retrieve the radio and navi codes.

Does anyone know how to get the SN and/or codes for the radio and navi in this model? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I have a 2016 and check youtube vids on battery replace/radio codes. Some mentioned that beginning with 2015 and newer- the codes are no longer required. The only reference in my manual is FAQ's, near the back pages--Q: What if my radio won't turn on or asks for CODES after battery goes dead or is replaced? A: With ignition "ON"and radio ON, press and hold radio power button until system reactivates.

Also of note: The previous page refers to Vehicle Readiness Codes that are part of the On Board Diagnostics or OBDII system. When the battery is disconnected/ goes below a certain very low voltage, the vehicle's computer system memory is lost. This is when the engine comp. has to relearn parameters for optimum operation. This happens with normal driving over several days. You may notice the car idles rough or at the wrong rpm for a while. If you NEED to have the vehicle emissions tested soon you may want to follow the 9 steps required to re-establish the readiness codes or you will fail the test as the OBDII is not fully operational.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2016 and check youtube vids on battery replace/radio codes. Some mentioned that beginning with 2015 and newer- the codes are no longer required. The only reference in my manual is FAQ's, near the back pages--Q: What if my radio won't turn on or asks for CODES after battery goes dead or is replaced? A: With ignition "ON"and radio ON, press and hold radio power button until system reactivates.

Also of note: The previous page refers to Vehicle Readiness Codes that are part of the On Board Diagnostics or OBDII system. When the battery is disconnected/ goes below a certain very low voltage, the vehicle's computer system memory is lost. This is when the engine comp. has to relearn parameters for optimum operation. This happens with normal driving over several days. You may notice the car idles rough or at the wrong rpm for a while. If you NEED to have the vehicle emissions tested soon you may want to follow the 9 steps required to re-establish the readiness codes or you will fail the test as the OBDII is not fully operational.
Thanks but that question was almost two years ago, just after I got the car. Codes are baked in to the head unit, as you've described.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk - 2018 CR-V AWD Touring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts