Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda CRV EX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home a 2011 CRV EX. While setting the clock, using the #2 button for minutes, worked fine. A little while later, pushed that button and it stayed in. This morning, pried the button loose and there's no resistance to it at all - it flops in and out with no function.

Any ideas?

Love the way this car rides.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,164 Posts
No much you can do to the existing unit. However there are plenty of used units on the internet for around $100. But it sounds like a good excuse to have your audio system upgraded with an aftermarket system.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You broke it! Sorry, I had to do that. If you are so inclined, you could disassemble the unit and fix it. It is probably either crudded up inside or has a broken spring. I have done this but not on one of these so can't say if it's repairable or not.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CRV EX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Larry! The button flops back and forth without doing anything. Seems to be broken spring AND broken function.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
You might check the local wrecking yards. Around here you can usually pick up an older OEM stock radio for $25 or so. Maybe. Check Craigslist and FB Marketplace too. The only thing is, if it doesn't come with the code, you might have to pay Honda to get it. So there is that. Or maybe you could get the part from the same model radio to transplant. eBay has them with the code but they ain't cheap. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Any time you disconnect your battery or otherwise cut off power to the radio, you will need a code to re-activate it. It's a theft protection device. Instructions are in your owner's manual on the procedure. In some CR-Vs the code is on a sticker inside the glove box door. On mine it is on a card that is attached to the warranty paperwork in the folder with the owner's manual. When you fire the radio back up it calls for the code and will not function until you enter it. If you don'tr have it, you can pull the radio and get the serial number off it, and call that to a Honda dealer, and they will give you the code, but it's not free. I had to use it when I replaced my battery.

My radio works fine, but I plan a full audio upgrade just as soon as the money magically appears in the bank. You can peruse the Mobile Electronics Section to see some good stuff on that. Also visit the Crutchfield website.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CRV EX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Egad! Thanks for that! I recall seeing a sticker that didn't make sense to me when I was looking through the owner's manual packet. This Honda car has many mysteries. More than my 1985 Honda motorcycle!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Ha! Wait till you read the owner's manual. It has more. There are all kinds of little details on features I didn't even know the car had, and adjustments and such, too. Have fun!

Reactions: sbrogden
1 - 10 of 10 Posts