Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on the car this past weekend I had to disconnect the battery. I didn't know until just now the radio code thing. But here's my caveat...my glove box can't open. It's one of the lovely quirks the previous owner bestowed to me. I've read that the sticker is in there. So how else can I find the code to enable my radio again?

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ put your VIN# and radio serial# in this and it gives you the code,to get the serial# turn the ignition to the run position turn radio off so the display is off (not reading code on the display)while holding 1 and 6 buttons together power on the radio and the serial number will display, the L and U should be the same number on your CRV some models the U is the first 4 and the L is the last 4 of the 8 digit serial# the serial# is just the numbers not the U or L ,there is some you tube videos too if it dont work ,heres a photo of my serial number when I had the same problem,first one is where it gives you the 5 digit code with VIN and serial number,so my code is 11232,nobody steal my radio now:D

Attachments

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,760 Posts
This happens anytime you remove either battery terminal. On the Gen2 you also need to reset the AUTO feature on the driver's window (if equipped).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh! That hasn't worked too. I'll look into how to do that. That's a really dumb feature. It's not like a car thief says "well no music so I'm not keeping this car now"

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recommend getting a decent double din radio 55 * 4 the stock speakers are decent it's a subtle improvement but if you know how to crimp wires even better satyr wires I think mine took four screws and use the stock mount definitely worth it I got a ddx670 6 for $200 install it myself in 15 minutes no I'm not a pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts