Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 honda crv se radio code to reset?

Hi - new to this site - lots of great advice. Does anyone know how to reset the radio? The key got stuck and I read if you diconect the battery, the key will come out. Well, it did, and now the radio won't work. Oh, yeah, and does anyone know how to get the key out without disconnecting the battery? haha :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi - new to this site - lots of great advice. Does anyone know how to reset the radio? The key got stuck and I read if you diconect the battery, the key will come out. Well, it did, and now the radio won't work. Oh, yeah, and does anyone know how to get the key out without disconnecting the battery? haha :) :) :) :)
Ahhh, the old radio code issue.... Although the answer is in your owner's manual as well, here are some tips...

I assume you don't have the card with the code on it?

Many times, dealers would place the code (on little stickers) in various places in the car. It can be located inside the fuse box cover both under hood or inside fuse box, on the inside of the glove box door, etc. Check also to see if it was written inside the owners manual.

Failing that, your local dealer can give you the code. You will need the VIN of the vehicle and probably need proof of ownership. Do not allow them to charge you for giving you the code. They should do it for free.

You also need to perform the auto-power-down window reset - also in the manual. If your vehicle’s battery is disconnected or goes dead, or the driver’s window fuse is removed, the AUTO function will be disabled. The power window system needs to be reset after reconnecting the battery or installing the fuse. Start the engine. Push down and hold the driver’s window switch
until the window is fully open. Pull and hold the driver’s window switch to close the window completely, then hold the switch for a second or two more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks so much for the info , we lost the manual - now if we could get the key out of the ignition we'd be all set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you're awesome. first mistake, i asked hubby to look for manual, he said we didn't have. i found it, and the code. you are the best. thanks again. now i'm working on the key issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Failing that, your local dealer can give you the code. You will need the VIN of the vehicle and probably need proof of ownership. Do not allow them to charge you for giving you the code. They should do it for free."

Unfortunately I left the lights on and drained the battery in my 02. I'm not the original owner and I can't find the code.

I called the closest dealer (Pacific Honda) in San Diego and they told me that they have to remove the radio to reset it.

Does anyone know the real deal? Pulling the radio doesn't make logical sense...It wouldn't be much of a theft deterrent if you can remove the stereo and get the code.

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
"Failing that, your local dealer can give you the code. You will need the VIN of the vehicle and probably need proof of ownership. Do not allow them to charge you for giving you the code. They should do it for free."

Unfortunately I left the lights on and drained the battery in my 02. I'm not the original owner and I can't find the code.

I called the closest dealer (Pacific Honda) in San Diego and they told me that they have to remove the radio to reset it.

Does anyone know the real deal? Pulling the radio doesn't make logical sense...It wouldn't be much of a theft deterrent if you can remove the stereo and get the code.

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks.

The code itself isn't on the radio.....but with the serial number off the radio the dealer will contact honda and get the code.

On most of the newer models you can actually get the radio serial number with out pulling the radio.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks.
They do not have to remove the radio on an 2002 on up to get the radio serial number! You can get the serial number yourself (or just let them do it) by pushing a few buttons, in proper sequence on the radio. The radio will then display the serial number.

Hang on.. I am looking up the Honda TSB that has the instructions...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resetting the radio

I own a 2004 honda CR-V, I recently had to replace the battery and now my radio won't work. I was told I had to reset my radio; however, I have to enter a code which should be in the owner's manual, but the dealer didn't give me the owner's manual. Does anyone know where I can get the code for the radio?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I own a 2004 honda CR-V, I recently had to replace the battery and now my radio won't work. I was told I had to reset my radio, since the car was used the dealership must not have given me the manuel with my car. So is there a way for you to tell me how to reset the radio?
Welcome to the forum! :)

ahhhh.... the weekly question.

It is called a radio code. It may be already located somewhere in the vehicle, but if not, there are ways to get it. Do a SEARCH on the forum for radio code This will help you on how to locate things for yourself. I am also posting a link to a SEARCH that I just did, using radio code...

Here's a really good one:

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1313

·
Registered
2 Posts
Radio Code

I own a 2004 honda CR-V, I recently had to replace the battery and now my radio won't work. I was told I had to reset my radio; however, I have to enter a code which should be in the owner's manual, but the dealer didn't give me the owner's manual. Does anyone know where I can get the code for the radio?
I CANNOT WRITE THIS so if you really want to know where the code is, ask your garage, it is situiated in the car and they should know where it is.
if you can't get it, call me :
thierry +32 475 958 759

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I CANNOT WRITE THIS so if you really want to know where the code is, ask your garage, it is situiated in the car and they should know where it is.
if you can't get it, call me :
thierry +32 475 958 759
Not all dealerships actually followed the PDI precisely and put the little stickers in place... Having said that, he could try looking inside the interior fuse box lid, glovebox door, under the hood on the relays located there, etc. There are many places that dealer techs put the stickers, if they bothered to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi and thanks ahead for help on a possibly stoopid question.
I have the enter code e in the display but the number they
gave me does nothing! do I have to hit something to enter
it? did they give me the wrong code? what a pain in the ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help with radio codes?

Hi- thanks in advance for help on maybe a stoopid question. I have looked at all the posts on radio codes. I have code, enter code e on display and have tried to enter the code in manual and nothing happens. :confused: Do I need to hit a key or something for it to enter in after placing the 6 digit number? This is a real pain I had not anticipated! oh- had hands full and shut door with elbow
and it didnt shut all the way and had a battery draindown.... wont do that again!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry to post in wrong place- admin pls move to problems and issues. thx:eek:
Done.

And as for the radio code, I've been able to have a dealer reset it for free twice, but I hear a lot of people have to pay for it. There's also a website "Lizurd" posted a while ago to help you find the exact code, I'm not sure on the exact process of code entry.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Two things:
  1. If you do find your radio code on a sticker somewhere in your car, remove it. Having the code right in your car defeats the purpose of having a code. If someone steals your car, they may know to look for it too. My dealer was smart enough to not put my radio codes in the car.
  2. To get your radio code to go the official Honda site for this purpose: https://radio-navicode.honda.com/
Good luck!
Larry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finding the Radio Reset Code

Not sure if anyone else has had an issue with finding their radio reset code on a previously-owned vehicle - and the additional problem of a nearby dealer who seems to want me to pay him just for the pleasure of his company - but I was futzing with the main fuse box and discovered, to my delight, the radio serial number and reset code sticker stuck up on the inside of the cover. A nice surprise. Thought other folks might like to know about it.

2006 CRV-LX

1 - 20 of 66 Posts