Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
so I found the sticker inside the glove box but its 98G42807 which isn't the code and it doesn't look like the radio serial number either. Any idea what it is? My radio is locked after replacing battery and this is all I could find in the car. Its a 2001 that I bought used so I don't have the owners manual.
That is the radio serial number. Any dealer should be able to supply you with the code.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
If you have too many failed attempts it'll lock you out then you have to drive the vehicle for one hour before it'll let you try again. That's what happened with my 99 CRV things could be different with a 2007 . It sounds dumb I know but check it out.
Pull the radio fuse for 10 to 20 minutes and the radio should reset.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It turned out my 99 is an LX model and this radio code thing only applies to the EX models for that year. So I put the battery in and the radio came on and everything was just as before. I do have an owners manual that talks about the radio code thing, but it isn't where I can look at it right now. I can look in there later when I get a chance and see if it says anything that might help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a flat battery a couple of weeks ago, and I needed my radio code. I just emailed my local Honda dealer with the serial number and reg. number, and they emailed me back with the code, free of charge.

I was surprised at how simple this was... perhaps it's worth a try.

I've stuck a label with the code underneath the ashtray, in case it happens again. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is a really old thread, but I found this on google and thought I'd give a solution to other people who are searching.

Found a website that helps people with this problem, sent in my serial number and boom, radio code in under 10 minutes. Here is the site I came across: radiocodevault.com/honda/

Hope it helps some people out

61 - 66 of 66 Posts