Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 CRV. The radio screen started to flash on and off by itself. Music remained on. Brightness level then appeared, flashing on and off. No idea what’s going on. Turned vehicle off and back on. Cleared up for now. Was able to reboot system. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2017 CRV. The radio screen started to flash on and off by itself. Music remained on. Brightness level then appeared, flashing on and off. No idea what’s going on. Turned vehicle off and back on. Cleared up for now. Was able to reboot system. Any ideas anyone?
I have had many problems w/ the Infotainment centre on my 2017 CRV Touring. Including , but not limited to:
Navigation freezing in the middle of NY city, menu randomly cycling and randomly typing and beeping (we had to shut beeper off), screen going blank, brightness control wonky, etc.
It started with the wonky brightness but has gotten much worse in the last month, so much so that we are taking the car in for service today while we are on vacation. As this is an intermittent problem I am not optimistic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like exactly how mine is starting out. Brightness going wonky as you would put it. Please let me know how you make out. If the radio is off or maybe on, hold down the on off button until reboot message appears. Not sure if this did anything yet, but no problems so far.

·
Registered
857 Posts
This is a known issue and posted about frequently. Dealers are mixed with fixing it, which may require a s/w update or replacing.

Make sure to show them the video. Don't let them get away with saying it is a one time event or they can't figure it out... If they do call Honda corporate. Good job on video proof!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello,

Have your dealership perform Service Bulletin 19-066 dated July 21, 2019 Version 1. Titled
2017-19 CR-V: Display Audio Screen Dims or Goes Dark by Itself.

Cheers!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thank you. I wonder if I will get stuck with a bill being that I’m at 46K?
You shouldn't because the fact there's a bulletin in the 1st place speaks to a shortcoming in the software, hence why the bulletin exists.

If you want to make sure in advance, call Honda Customer Service, tell them you have the symptoms this bulletin covers and you strongly feel this should be covered under good will. If there's pushback, ask for the name and email address of the District Parts and Service Manager (DPSM) for your dealership and tell them you are requesting a meeting with them at the dealership to discuss your situation. If you're still having an issue getting the update, ask the DPSM to have the dealership call in and create a Tech Line reference number. You then want Tech Lines recommendation.

If it agrees with the bulletin, ask then why would they NOT give it to you under there goodwill policy.

The last resort would be to write a letter to the current executive vice president of Honda's North America Operations (ask for that person's name and mailing address when you're on the phone with CR) asking that person why they won't stand behind it?

I doubt it will get turned down past the 1st contact with your dealership (they have wiggle room with these types of matters anyway) if you communicate you're prepared for escalation.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts