Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Honda CRV Touring. For about a month the radio/cd player changes stations on it's own. I went back to the dealer and they reset the radio. Happened again, got another reset. Was told by the service advisor to video tape it when it happens. Also was told there's no recall and no one else is having that problem. Well I am.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Next stop Corporate.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
You may need an exorcism. Just kidding. Sounds like an internal issue in the radio. Probably something simple like a cold (bad) solder connection on a circuit board. or a bad resistor, etc. A good radio tech could probably fix it for way less than the cost of a replacement. You'd have to remove it and send it to them. I can promise you your dealer won't have such a technician, so unless this is a known issue, with a recall or bulletin, they probably won't be much help. But it is worth a shot, as long as it doesn't cost you to find out.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,558 Posts
:poop:It's just so disappointing to be blown off, but I was their best friend when I was purchasing their vehicle.

:mad:
If there is not a known repeat series of reported problems of the same among owners... then there is no Honda TSB open to address it. As such.. it is like a random failure causing an intermittent in the head unit. Sometimes owners are more aware of open TSBs then dealers are.. so you can go check the NHTSB web site and look up your year and model and see if there are any TSBs from Honda for this specific problem.... and if so.. take a copy to the dealer.

When the dealer is unable to recreate the problem.. it is hard for them to actually have something to act upon. Which is why they asked you to video it so they can actually see what is happening when it malfunctions. A video of the problem is much more actionable for the dealer then a verbal report by the owner.

Is the vehicle under warranty (I assume factory warranty is past on a 2016, so perhaps you have an active extended warranty)? If so.. video of the problem is generally sufficient for the dealer to address the problem under warranty through a replacement of the unit. If not under warranty... dealers will hesitate to service anything because if they start swapping out parts and it does not fix it.. they have a very angry customer on their hands.

Bottom line... be prepared to video it if you can and bring the video to the dealer. In essence.. help them help you. :)

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,070 Posts
Not an issue with my 16TFG. Hope it isn't the head unit as those things are expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.