Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea where I can get a replacement directional push switch for the ENT on the top right of my Honda CRV Sat Nav Radio model 2VN0 ?

DSC_0811.jpg
DSC_0810.jpg

I've been in the unit but could not see the item number on the component, all I can see it is a surface mount component but so far I have not been able to find a replacement one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I purchased what looked like a 5 way navigation switch which I fitted replacing the faulty one. None of the directions worked and pressing the ENT button it went left. I removed the switch and fitted the other way round thinking I had put it in wrong. I went up it went left I went left it selected the road I went down and right and pressed the ENT button but they did nothing at all.

I looked at the original switch carefully taking it apart, and its just got spring metal contacts, cleaned up with an scouring pad and used some electrical cleaning spray similar to WD40 put it all back together and fitted back into the unit.

Tested and it all it now working again!
Only snag is when I fitted the switch the ENT lettering is vertical instead of horizontal but I'm not stripping it all back down just for that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your unsure if you can do this just take your time and take pictures as you go along so you can look at what it was like before you took things apart.

Here is what I did.........

I removed the radio front. Press the open button, unscrew the cover on the back of the radio front where the ribbon cable goes into the unit. there is a clip to release the ribbon cable.
Remove 4 screw that mount the radio front, 2 on left and 2 on right but watch out for the 2 springs and how they are fitted.
Take the radio front out of the car and onto a good surface, now remove the screws on the back of the radio front.
Next separate the sides of the radio pressing a flat blade screwdriver into the tabs to separate the plastics.
You should now be inside the looking at the back of a loose screen with more ribbon cables so use the clips to release these ribbon cables and the screen can then be removed.
Now the screen is out the edges where the screen were against are metal and can be lifted enough to remove the corner board that the navigation switch is mounted to.
I unsolder the switch but I guess you could leave it attached and strip the switch while it is on the board.
Just some clips holding the sides of the switch together unclip and get inside the switch and don't loose anything inside (Small metal spring connectors inside), get cleaning and then put back together in reverse as you had taken it apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts