Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2005 CR-V; 2015 CR-V
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
This is my first post! We own two CR-Vs, a 2005 and a 2015.
When driving the 2015 I'm frustrated when tuning radio stations to a non-preset channel and have to use the touch screen Tune arrows. It's hard to do when driving, especially if tuning to a channel or station that's a ways away from the current station. For example if I'm listening to XM 18 and want to go to XM 111, the Tune icon needs to be clicked 93 times. On old radio systems with a physical tuning knob a driver could just twist it while still watching the road. Tuning with the touch screen is not safe at all. Yes, one can set a preset channel to 111. But there's a limit on the number of presets. And with the huge number of XM channels there's going to be channels that you want to listen to that are not near other presets which would otherwise need fewer taps of the touch screen Tune button.

I keep hoping that newer model years will eventually reintroduce the physical tuning knob. Does the lack of a physical tuning knob annoy others? How do you safely drive while lining up your fingertip over the Tune button and keeping it in that exact place while tuning over a longer channel difference?

Thanks, everyone.
--Steve

Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
You can verbally speak what channel you want. Doubt honda cares about a knob for a radio that is becoming obsolete

Registered
You can press and hold the Channel button to fast-forward through the XM channels, very similar effect as twisting a knob. No need to press 93 times :-O

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Registered
2005 CR-V; 2015 CR-V
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies so far.
I did see pictures of volume knobs on some newer models. Seems if there is a valid reason for a volume knob then Honda should see that there's also a valid need for a tuning knob.
I will try the press and hold technique. i didn't know that was doable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts