Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get hold of the color Molten-Lava EX-L in Dallas Metroplex but all the dealers saying they could not find from nearby or need to pre-order and expect to come around July. Is this type of color being rare is a sign of being too popular that there's simply no stock or being too unpopular that the factory don't produce enough ? :confused: Definitely don't want to be in the situation of unique and unpopular !;)
Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Over in Pennsylvania it is hard to find White diamond pearl. I see lots of Crystal Black pearl. Good luck in your search

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been trying to get hold of the color Molten-Lava EX-L in Dallas Metroplex but all the dealers saying they could not find from nearby or need to pre-order and expect to come around July. Is this type of color being rare is a sign of being too popular that there's simply no stock or being too unpopular that the factory don't produce enough ? :confused: Definitely don't want to be in the situation of unique and unpopular !;)
Thanks.
I live in Pennsylvania. I asked my dealer to find me a Molten Lava Pearl in Touring trim on January 27. I did not receive it until April 6. I think if it's not black, white, silver or grey it's hard to get.

I have only ever once seen Sandstorm on a lot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We had a hard time finding Sandstorm in east Tennessee, had to go to three different dealers before we saw one, then decided we didn't like it, went with white pearl.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I live in Pennsylvania. I asked my dealer to find me a Molten Lava Pearl in Touring trim on January 27. I did not receive it until April 6. I think if it's not black, white, silver or grey it's hard to get.

My local dealer in Pa had three Sandstorm EX and one Moltem Lava EX two days ago. But all EX-L's or Touring were Black, Silver, gunmetal, or White and none had Black interior.

·
Registered
594 Posts

In January when I was shopping the only colors my dealer had in Touring was Sandstorm, Molten Lava, and White. But the don't have them now, except white with tan interior and the gray, black, silver.

·
Registered
376 Posts
So do we think the "rare colors" are only rare in certain areas, or are there colors that are rare everywhere?

Can't wait for my Sandstorm Metallic to arrive!

·
Registered
594 Posts
My local dealer in Pa had three Sandstorm EX and one Moltem Lava EX two days ago. But all EX-L's or Touring were Black, Silver, gunmetal, or White and none had Black interior.
Back at the local dealer today, other than silver, modern steel, or white they had one Sandstorm EX and one Molten Lava EX-L. There were no Tourings on the lot at all and only one LX. Total of about 13 cars on the lot.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD sold
4,139 Posts
Paint colors are like fashion for cars what's available depends on local or regional preferences.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my CRV EX-L today. In EX-L Obsidian Blue is hard to find. 2 in a 2-hour radius.
Gunmetal is another rare around here, looks black in some light, dark gray with blue-ish tint in other.
I got the impression from the dealer they don't necessarily know what color they will get, unless a customer orders a specific color combination - takes 2-3 months.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I REALLY wanted to like the White Diamond Pearl so that I wouldn't have the rare color issues (they are plentiful in my area), but I just couldn't

I like white and the V looks great in white from a distance, but when I get up close and see the pearl look to it, I cringe... It just looks too feminine to me.

·
Registered
594 Posts
On the lot at my local dealer today: one each Molten Lava EX, EX-L, Touring, one black Touring, one dark gray Touring, White 1 LX, 3 EX-L w/ Tan, 1EX-L Nav w/tan, one dark gray EX and one EX-L, one Basque Red EX or EX-L.

MIA- Blue, olive, Sandstorm, lunar silver, gunmetal

All were AWD, only the Black Touring had a black interior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my hunt for a 2WD EX, I ran into plenty of black, one gunmetal, and one lunar silver (with black interior). Went with the lunar silver. I went to several dealerships and didn't see a single non black, gray/silver, or white option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in Jersey and got a Molten Lava CRV EX. The dealer had to go to Long Island to find one. This is my 5th Honda in 15 years and it always seems to be a struggle with them to get the color I want. It's my one complaint with Honda...they offer certain things (i.e. an Accord V6 6 Speed such as my 07 was) its almost impossible to find, and at that I had to settle for the light blue they painted every Accord that wasn't black or silver. My 02 Accord coupe, I wanted the deep green they offered that year, yeah, none to be had. Had to "settle" for red.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not sure if my Obsidian Blue is considered a "rare" color. But it's pretty damn rare where I live. I get compliments on how good it looks all the time. I love it.

Only downside is how filthy it gets quick. I can't stand it. But oh well I knew that when I bought it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here in Southern California finding a white Touring AWD was a challenge. When we were looking all that was popping up was blue and black. Held out and snatched a white one off the truck thanks to stalking Hondas website and jumping on dealers that listed one "in transit".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.