Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a rattling sound coming from the black plastic cover that is under my '09. The cover runs from the drivers side to the center of the car, and from the middle of the front door to the middle of the rear door.

I had it in at Honda for a state inspection, oil change, and tire rotation, and I asked them to look into it as the cover seemed to be hanging lower than it should be. The told me it was a spare tire cover, which it obviously is not since the spare is three feet further back under the cargo area floor. They also charged me $55 to put new fasteners in the cover. That repair helped for about a month, but it has loosened up again and is rattling against the underside of the car.

So......does anyone know what this cover is for? what it covers? has anyone else had this problem? It does not cover the driveshaft or the exhaust, which are both more to the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
You stated the the "repair helped for about a month, but it has loosened up again and is rattling against the underside of the car".

Best guess is that those $55 fasteners did in fact stop your rattling sound and then failed just as you reported. Take it back to the shop who did that work and tell them you want your money back or make the repair good.

I'm a diy and I would personally inspect the said cover and likely replace their fasteners with something more substantial. This can be done right!

·
Registered
38 Posts
And check to see if actually replaced.

I have an old Lincoln I bought platinum plugs for for service at 60,000. Long story short, at 100,000, misfiring, and check found original plugs still in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts