Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my transmission rebuild, and well didn’t think anything else could go wrong. But now whenever I accelerate, my steering wheels tends to move to the during during, then after I let off the gas it return back straight to the road or to the left side of the steering wheel. Don’t know what’s wrong, got new shocks installed also? Any help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got my transmission rebuild, and well didn’t think anything else could go wrong. But now whenever I accelerate, my steering wheels tends to move to the during during, then after I let off the gas it return back straight to the road or to the left side of the steering wheel. Don’t know what’s wrong, got new shocks installed also? Any help
Sounds like a subframe might be loose, take back to shop and have them correct their comeback.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The subframe shouldent have been touched to remove the trans...
Could be the intermediate shaft not tightly bolted on the back of the engine.

OR you are now experancing what is called torque steer.
This is common in FWD due to the axle shafts not being the same length.

Depending how bad the trans was before the requild you may have not noticed it.

My 99 has it slightly

·
Registered
30 Posts
The subframe shouldent have been touched to remove the trans...
Could be the intermediate shaft not tightly bolted on the back of the engine.

OR you are now experancing what is called torque steer.
This is common in FWD due to the axle shafts not being the same length.

Depending how bad the trans was before the requild you may have not noticed it.

My 99 has it slightly
While the subframes aren't taken out to do the transmission on this model, like earlier models, you loosen the subframe to allow the engine and transmission movement for better angle of attack. The way it's described, it sounds more aggressive than torque steer. The intermediate shaft all but eliminates that anyhow. Of course, we're not there driving which makes it hard. Yes, my CRV also has it very slightly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts